8/22 Two Deep

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Did anyone take note of who lined up with the first series of both sides? I know T-A and Onawauchie were held out and will likely be there later.

Thanks.

From my memory.

DT - Brown, Small
DE- Jacobs Moen
LB Campbell Tripplet Lawrence, (Cooper replaced Triplett on third and long)
DB Sherels Simmons Royston Theret

2nd Team

DT - Kirksey Edwards
DE Hagemann Wilhite
LB Cooper, ? ?
DB Carter Collado Rallis ?

WR Decker Green (Carpenter Mcknight second team)
TE Tow Arnett (Lair second team)
OL - Willis Carufel, ? ? ?

Here is who I'm pretty certain opened up for each side:

- First team offense: QB – Adam Weber, RB – DeLeon Eskridge WR – Eric Decker & Brandon Green, TE – Nick Tow-Arnett & Colin McGarry, LT – Matt Stommes , LG - Chris Bunders, C – Trey Davis, RG – Matt Carufel, RT – Jeff Wills.

- Second team defense: DE – Anthony Jacobs & Raymond Henderson, DT – Jewhan Edwards & Brandon Kirksey, LB – Rex Sharpe, Keanon Cooper & Gary Tinsley, CB – Michael Carter & Ryan Collado, S – Tim Dandridge & Mike Rallis

- Second Team Offense: QB – MarQueis Gray, RB – RJ Buckner, FB - Ed Cotton, WR – Hayo Carpenter & DaJon McKnight, LT – Dominic Alford, LG – Ryan Ruckdashel, C – DJ Burris, RG – Ned Tavale, RT – Ryan Orton, TE – Eric Lair.

- First Team Defense: DE: Cedrick McKinley & Barret Moen, DT: Eric Small & Garrett Brown, LB: Nate Tripplett, Simoni Lawrence & Lee Campbell, CB: Traye Simmons & Marcus Sherels, S: Kim Royston & Kyle There

A couple names are missing here... Jon Hoese obviously is the first team fullback, but was not in the formation to start the scrimmage. Duane Bennett looked like a 1-a along with DeLeon Eskridge, but Eskridge was the guy who was in at the beginning. Also, I think Stoudermire played later on with the 1st team offense, so he would appear to be ahead of Carpenter & McKnight.

DNP and thus are not showing up: Shady Salamon, Kevin Whaley, Jeff Tow-Arnett, Derrick Onwuachi, Ryan Wynn... any others?

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1032

Cduff's list is accurate.

Cooper rotated in with Triplett more frequently than just 3rd and long. From what I saw he played a pretty decent amount with first team.

Decker & Green were the #1 & #2 WR but Stoudermire was #3 and played the slot whenever the first team went to 3 WR sets. McKnight & Carpenter played the two WR positions with the second team and Kuznia came in as the 3rd WR with the second team.

Buckner may have started as the 2nd team RB but Jay Thomas had most of the carries for the second team.

I'm not sure who had more carries between Bennett and Eskridge but it was pretty obvious to me that Bennett has something that Eskridge doesn't have--quickness and explosiveness to hit a hole quickly.

Tinsley got the start with the 2nd team but Maresh subbed in a lot too.

Top Bottom