8-22-09 musings

BigEGopher

Section 107
Reaction score
Why doesn't it suprise me that the U announces a scrimmage as a sneak preview for season ticket holders, then I see they are going to charge me to park on what I realize is a practice run through for their benefit. Is this an excercise to make sure they have enough attendants and shuttles or another way to get $10 from me and make me swear under my breath. :mad:

Anyone else laugh at how they announce things then later mention that you are going to charged. (chairbacks)

grrrr

I am not surprised by either.

If you thought chairbacks were going to be free, that's on you, because to me this was obvious. Anything the school can do to bring in extra revenue is a good thing in my eyes. We have been lagging behind in revenue for too long. Chairbacks are an easy way to raise extra cash.

As for the parking, it was $70 for a pass, which is $10 a game. If you add another "game", it's going to be an extra $10.

I saw the same thing...our athletic department is chock full of PR geniuses!

It's $10 people...get over it. The bus only costs $2.50

No offense guys, but it was already stated in another thread that the Athletic Dept fought to have the parking be free and PTS/others at the U said no. I'm not saying the U as the whole isn't shooting themselves in the foot a little, but I don't think there is some nefarious scheme to bilk us of our cash.

If you don't think there will be other hiccups this season which will inconvenience you in some way then be prepared to be disappointed. Its the first season back on campus. Things will get f'd up from time to time.

As for me, I think $10 is a small price to pay to see TCF finished for the first time.

Things Have Truly Changed! Hallelujah!

This is the BIG issue we're dealing with now?!?!?!

Remember the good ol' days, when all we had to complain about was getting booted out of "our" stadium from a scheduled Saturday game to a choice Thursday-night slot !

You can't possibly let that, minor, one-time, incident/deal for an optional event in any way spoil what is in advance of the single greatest thing that's happened to program since 1961?

Perspective.

Cope.

Enjoy.

Be happy.

:rolleyes:

This is only open to season ticket holders. If $10 is a big deal for you then you shouldn't have season tickets.

It is terrible how the Athletic Departmen attempts to generate revenue so that they can fund their own operation. If only the world ran on smiles and sunshine.

I'm guessing you're also against a raise on state taxes to pay for things like college extra-curricular activities. Can't have it both ways.

It's not $10

a. I make a very nice salary and $10 is not an issue.
b. I have and continnue to spend more on Gopher football than most.
c. My intent was to point out how the U can't get out of there own way. Send an email announcing the scrimmage and stating there will be a pass for parking. How hard is it to have these decisions made before you look foolish.

The parking attendants and staffing don't work for free just because it's a scrimmage.

If thats the rational

50k - 100k from parking should cover quite a few attendants. Maybe I should think about a career change.....

People need to remember, that you are getting free admission to a (scrimmage) game!! At the new stadium! Would you pay just ten bucks to see that?? Of course you would. And remember, that is ten bucks per vehicle, not per person.

And remember also, that standard non-event rate parking for 3-4 hours in a university ramp or garage is 8 dollars. Thats a whole 2-dollar difference. If you plan on tailgating, you might be parked for 5 or 6 hours. That would be ten or eleven dollars right there.

Quit your whining. It costs money to park at the U. You think you're entitled to not pay for parking just because you are a season ticket holder. Even for students like me who are paying God-knows-how-much to be here anyway. And also for alumni who already have paid the university all that money, they pay for parking too.

Quit whining and enjoy yourselves!!
Go Gophers!!

50k - 100k from parking should cover quite a few attendants. Maybe I should think about a career change.....

go for it... I'm sure one parking attendant will get 100% of the collections..... think you are the lucky one???

Maybe, Just Maybe

Its a way for the Athletic Department to get parking revenue one time. I think the parking for games goes into some general fund.

Its a way for the Athletic Department to get parking revenue one time. I think the parking for games goes into some general fund.

Um, I'm pretty sure PTS is getting this too. Why wouldn't they?

I don't understand what the fuss is about. If you bought a season parking pass, you bought a parking spot for all 7 home games. To paraphrase Allen Iverson, we're not talking about a game here, we're talking about practice.

Regular event parking is $10 for most U events. Why would you be angry that the U is reserving a spot for you, rather than making you find a regular spot?

You didn't pay for parking this Saturday. If you don't want to spend an extra $10, then don't park in a U lot.

PR at its best

Attention! Following the Gopher Victory Walk on Aug. 22nd there will NOT be interactive activities or food and beverages served on McNamara Plaza as previously advertised. These happenings will kick off on Sept. 12th, 3 hours prior to the Gophers vs. Air Force game at 3 pm. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wake up! You live in a big city. Because of that, you have to pay to park. If the stadium was built in Blaine, then maybe you could have gotten free parking.

Students, faculty and staff of the U of M have to pay to park every day. Maybe you don't realize that living in your I-work-in-an-office-complex-in-Woodbury bubble but people who actually are on the U of M campus on a daily basis don't think twice about paying for parking.

They will see no money from Saturday's parking. They fought for free parking for those with a pass. Denied...as usual.

Is it human nature to look for and assume the worst in everything and everyone?

Top Bottom