#7 Gophers vs. #11 UNO - NCAA Regional Semi

bonin21

Reaction score
Thursday, 3/28 @ 7:30PM
ESPNU
Denny Sanford Center, Sioux Falls, SD

I'll load a bunch of stats and facts in here ahead of the game. First random one: both starting goalies are under 6'. I would not be surprised if that is the only first round matchup where that is the case.

Thursday, 3/28 @ 7:30PM
ESPNU
Denny Sanford Center, Sioux Falls, SD

I'll load a bunch of stats and facts in here ahead of the game. First random one: both starting goalies are under 6'. I would not be surprised if that is the only first round matchup where that is the case.
you would be correct; though many guys who are 6' or 6'1" listed

Anybody here headed out to the game? I wish I could go. Gotta be at work.

Go Gophers! C'mon Motzko, no defensive shell strategy this time.

Anybody here headed out to the game? I wish I could go. Gotta be at work.
I’ll be there. Hoping it’s a good gopher atmosphere. Lots of tickets left though people. Get there if you can!

Last edited:

I’ll be there. Hoping it’s a good gopher atmosphere. Lots of tickets left though people. Get there if you can!
Yeah, I just looked and there are plenty of tickets remaining. Hope it starts to sell quickly.

Always good to have to mix your lines in the tournament after having to mix them in your previous game, too...

These guys look so slow every week. Need to escape the period tied now with a second PK.

Probably the right application of the rule but really unfortunate for Chesley to get 5 there.

Hey he made a major adjustment last year when they took the 2-0 lead in the final...
Good point! Correction: You expect a meaningful adjustment to change the game for the positive from Motzko?

There is the strategy now. If the defenseman has a step, get low, lead with the head and ram into him to draw the penalty.

If the offensive player's head is out in front of the rest of his body like a speed skater, it should nullify any penalty. The only thing that can hit first in that scenario is the head!

These guys look so slow every week. Need to escape the period tied now with a second PK.
Gophers need to find a new skating coach because it's painful to watch them get burned, beat to every puck, and opposing D close down potential breakaway in two seconds.

Enough of the 4th line. They instantly give up a breakaway after losing an offensive zone draw.

Kurth looked like he was scared to have the puck on his stick there.

Top Bottom