6 Rebounds in 53 minutes.

rivergopher

Reaction score
From our starting Center and "Power Forward" is just plain embarssing and to me speaks of lack of effort, you simply could get 10 rebounds in that time by hustle plays. I know Ralph was a force down low but he was trying to out reach players on the defensive glass. Expected more from both. I love DJ as a player but he is simply not a "power forward" he is more of a hybrid forward. If we keep going with a three guard lineup I think that we are going to struggle on the glass the rest of the year.

DJ only played about 15 min....and had to play passive since he was playing with fouls all day.

Have to play passive boxing out and going to the glass? I found that a ridiculous excuse. I counted any number of times those two trying to rely on their god given reach and leaping ability rather than sticking there body on someone. Rebounding is more about effort and fundamentals than anything else, you don't have to be the greatest athlete or the tallest player in the world to be a good rebounder. See Richard Coffey

From our starting Center and "Power Forward" is just plain embarssing and to me speaks of lack of effort, you simply could get 10 rebounds in that time by hustle plays. I know Ralph was a force down low but he was trying to out reach players on the defensive glass. Expected more from both. I love DJ as a player but he is simply not a "power forward" he is more of a hybrid forward. If we keep going with a three guard lineup I think that we are going to struggle on the glass the rest of the year.

It's called boxing out, or lack thereof. It's also called swish-or-miss-badly shooting by Indiana, such that the shots either went in or bounced outside the paint, where offensive boards are much easier to get. No doubt the fact that Indiana sucks shooting the ball, but played with tons of hustle had a lot to do with their offensive board prowess.

Yeah I agree they did get a lot of long rebounds, but then I ask you where are our guards, it goes back to the fact that I feel we were outhustled all day.

Top Bottom