6-foot-5 (Brock, Tex.) TE Nathan Jones joins Gophers’ 2022 class | Gopherhole/Tony Liebert

Love his size. And the fact that multiple Texas school offered him is a nice pick up for us. Welcome!

Welcome!!!!!! Looking forward to watching you playing for the Gophers!

Congrats to the young man! He chose wisely.

Is there a Jack Gibbens connection?

I'm stoked about this for sure. Nathan's dad and I have been texting since his visit and he told me the night before that N would be switching his commitment from ACU to the Gophers. They are all in. I'm impressed at what he noted about the details of the visit. Here are some of his texts:

"They are 100% Nathan as a tight end. We did meet him (Ko) as well as the other tight ends. They rolled out the red carpet for Nathan. We love the place and the people for sure. Little nervous because it’s so far away from home. We will buy a second home there to be handy if he decides to go there...The one thing that he loves the most about Minnesota is the family feel between the tight ends that has been established by the tight ends coach that has been cultivated by Fleck"

"Ko came over introduced himself. Knew Nathan’s name. Have him a hug and ten minutes later he was kicking ass!! It was cool!"

"Ko is an animal for sure! The TE coach absolutely loves Ko. Got emotional talking about him."

I'm stoked about this for sure. Nathan's dad and I have been texting since his visit and he told me the night before that N would be switching his commitment from ACU to the Gophers. They are all in. I'm impressed at what he noted about the details of the visit. Here are some of his texts:

"They are 100% Nathan as a tight end. We did meet him (Ko) as well as the other tight ends. They rolled out the red carpet for Nathan. We love the place and the people for sure. Little nervous because it’s so far away from home. We will buy a second home there to be handy if he decides to go there...The one thing that he loves the most about Minnesota is the family feel between the tight ends that has been established by the tight ends coach that has been cultivated by Fleck"

"Ko came over introduced himself. Knew Nathan’s name. Have him a hug and ten minutes later he was kicking ass!! It was cool!"

"Ko is an animal for sure! The TE coach absolutely loves Ko. Got emotional talking about him."
Makes sense, sounds like they view him as Ko's heir

There are going to be star chasers that don't like this commit, but Ko was a low rated recruit we stole from NDSU, can't imagine anyone on gophers feels he hasn't earned his spot on gophers

Great stuff!

The one thing that he loves the most about Minnesota is the family feel between the tight ends that has been established by the tight ends coach that has been cultivated by Fleck
Sounds like a benefit of having a small tight end room! Maybe we need to make all of the rooms smaller…

There are going to be star chasers that don't like this commit, but Ko was a low rated recruit we stole from NDSU, can't imagine anyone on gophers feels he hasn't earned his spot on gophers
Will be interesting to see where his composite ranking comes in when he gets one. 247 has him as a 3* 86 so chances are he will get a composite somewhere in the .84-.85 range which is not too shabby.

247 projects him as a OT but based on info posted here looks like the staff is projecting him at TE, at least initially. Sure it will depend a lot on how much he grows once he gets here. Seems like a solid addition to the class.

Exactly!!
We’ll count wins while others can count ⭐
Per my B10 Championship thread we’re going to have double digit Ws 2 out of 3 years. When/has that ever happened before ??!!

It doesn't hurt to add another 6' 5" TE that will take advantage of a college nutrition/strength/ conditioning environment. Welcome to the roadgraders! Oops, Gophers!!

Yes, we are. But we also know that we will almost never win a battle vs. a legit P5 offer.

Coach could be upset, or he might be networking with Fleck for a coaching role down the road.

You always need to have your replacement coaches in mind in case you lose someone.

Top Bottom