6.8 seconds left in regulation and NO TIMEOUT????

He got yanked in the first half after jacking a bunch of shots and being summoned to the doghouse

I was thinking Chip would have been a good guy to have in at that time, but thinking back on it, did Chip even play this game? Maybe he did and I just missed it, but I don't recall seeing him on the floor last night.

Yeah, he used 6.2% of the team's possessions in 3.2% of the team's minutes. 1/5 (0/3 3FG).

Hey at least Chip isn't scared to shoot like the rest of our guards.

Also was encouraged by EE's defense against Leonard (a stud). In his brief time on the floor he made it difficult for Leonard.

I noticed that as well. I didn't understand why, when EE and Sampson were playing at the same time, that Sampson was guarding Leonard. Made no sense to me.

As far as Maverick taking the final shot, I'm assuming the plan was for him to take the ball up the court and pass off to someone else. It looked to me that Illinois recognized who it was dribbling up and didn't come off their man to help until he was closer to the basket.

If it's any consolation I think Myself, my friends and Madtowngopher and crew drank all the booze in Champaign last night.

God, Champaign is a S***Hole.

Armelin may not have the best or most consistent outside shot, but he is the most athletic guard we have and probably the most capable of going coast to coast in 6 seconds to get a shot off and make it. The primary reason is because he's athletic enough to be able to contort his way around defenders while avoiding a charge situation and has the leaping ability to hang in the air long enough to get close to the rim.

I would rank our best options in those situations as follows:

1)Armelin
2)Dre Hollins
3)Coleman
4)Welch
5)Ahanmisi
6)Austin H

Maverick's improved play against the St.Peter's of the world has given Tubby a false sense of security with Mav.

I noticed that as well. I didn't understand why, when EE and Sampson were playing at the same time, that Sampson was guarding Leonard. Made no sense to me.

As far as Maverick taking the final shot, I'm assuming the plan was for him to take the ball up the court and pass off to someone else. It looked to me that Illinois recognized who it was dribbling up and didn't come off their man to help until he was closer to the basket.

That's pretty much what I saw too. Mav got a pic and thought he had room to put one up but his man slipped past the pick way to easily and blocked it. Nobody else did enough to get open anyway. Not sure what the actual plan was but Mav was the only one with a chance to shoot it.

In this case, Tubby should have used his last timeout and put in one of his more athletic guards. Mav is probably the least athletic guard on the roster.

In this case, Tubby should have used his last timeout and put in one of his more athletic guards. Mav is probably the least athletic guard on the roster.

I thought we settled it that there were no more timeouts left? If there was one left I would have liked to see Andre in there.

I thought we settled it that there were no more timeouts left? If there was one left I would have liked to see Andre in there.

So what? Bo Ryan would have called timeout and when told he had none, would argue until the officials apologized to him for arguing. Plus, he would have brought Kobe Bryant to the floor for the game winner while tricking the fans and officials into thinking it was an unknown walk-on who he coached up.

WHY CAN'T TUBBY BE LIKE BO!/!?!/!:?2;FH8923Y4F34HFKLJEIUFUEWIRHFIWEF!?!?!?!?!?'KLSIPJF

They had a timeout left. Tubby said in his radio interview after the game that he actually wanted to use the last TO to ice Leonard before his second FT, but his assistants talked him out of it. He then said he was trying to get a timeout as Mav was bringing it up but there was miscommunication and no official saw him and no player saw him. Or, something close to that, anyway.

That's pretty much what I saw too. Mav got a pic and thought he had room to put one up but his man slipped past the pick way to easily and blocked it. Nobody else did enough to get open anyway. Not sure what the actual plan was but Mav was the only one with a chance to shoot it.

Ralph was open

Yep. As soon as Leonard slid over to help, bounce pass to Ralph for the jam.

LOL!!!! Ralph woulda probably got the ball, saw Leonard and clanged a fade away jumper off the back Iron. There's no way he dunks the ball with Leonard in the vicinity.

LOL!!!! Ralph woulda probably got the ball, saw Leonard and clanged a fade away jumper off the back Iron. There's no way he dunks the ball with Leonard in the vicinity.

Gotta love ripping guys for things they only hypothetically did.

I think I am going to start a fire Jerry Kill campaign since there is no way he wouldn't punch 8 players in the face if they made fun of his teeth.

Stay classy!

Except that is not what happened on the play when Rodney passed it to him and he hit the layup.

Except that is not what happened on the play when Rodney passed it to him and he hit the layup.
Ralph showed some great hands on that play. Very fast pass, a very short distance away.

Top Bottom