5th commit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While you are absolutely right about that nothing is a given, it is fair to say we had a number of scholarships that still needed to be filled for the year. We don't know how many kids are leaving, but we likely will be able to sign a full allotment of players. And since it's unlikely Fleck is going to call kids that are 4 and 5 stars that he has never talked to before today, we need someone to be on the team. Could be my apathy coming through, but I'm fine with him filling this class with whomever he can get. It's next years class where the proof will be in the pudding. Then we will see if he can recruit as well as he can elicit love for the north star.

Mr Gambini, that is a lucid, intelligent well thought out post. I agree!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While you are absolutely right about that nothing is a given, it is fair to say we had a number of scholarships that still needed to be filled for the year. We don't know how many kids are leaving, but we likely will be able to sign a full allotment of players. And since it's unlikely Fleck is going to call kids that are 4 and 5 stars that he has never talked to before today, we need someone to be on the team. Could be my apathy coming through, but I'm fine with him filling this class with whomever he can get. It's next years class where the proof will be in the pudding. Then we will see if he can recruit as well as he can elicit love for the north star.

What about the kids who had MN on their radar that committed elsewhere... should he call them?

And why wouldn't they follow like puppies...most have MAC level offers and suddenly they get a pass into the P5 because their "hot coach of the minute" was hired by the venerable Mark Coyle. I am surprised how many on this board are thrilled, excited and seemingly surprised that these lower level recruits are following him.

Actually half of them had P5 offers. I'm not surprised some of them followed him, but that they BLINDLY followed him within 24 hours of him leaving. I thought they would want to at least visit the school. And yeah I am pretty happy about these new commits. Watch some film, they are as good or better in some cases than the verbals Claeys already had. Most of Claeys' verbals had the same level of offers. So to keep moving ahead with recruiting without a fall off this late in the season is pretty encouraging. I mean it's not like Claeys was closing in on some 4 star guys.

Actually half of them had P5 offers. I'm not surprised some of them followed him, but that they BLINDLY followed him within 24 hours of him leaving. I thought they would want to at least visit the school. And yeah I am pretty happy about these new commits. Watch some film, they are as good or better in some cases than the verbals Claeys already had. Most of Claeys' verbals had the same level of offers. So to keep moving ahead with recruiting without a fall off this late in the season is pretty encouraging. I mean it's not like Claeys was closing in on some 4 star guys.
You have never been in a cult, have you....

What about the kids who had MN on their radar that committed elsewhere... should he call them?

He should call anyone he can. But there isn't a lot of time to start relationships with a month to go. So I don't expect any big surprises, but there is no reason to leave any stone unturned. More importantly, I think we'll quickly see a barrage of 2018 offers come out...

He should call anyone he can. But there isn't a lot of time to start relationships with a month to go. So I don't expect any big surprises, but there is no reason to leave any stone unturned. More importantly, I think we'll quickly see a barrage of 2018 offers come out...

Agreed. At least with these kids, there may some semblance of a relationship with the school that Fleck can build on quickly....

You are one of the sheeple, we get it. I have hired over a thousand people in my lifetime...I wait until the results to see if I made a good decision. Lots of chicks never become chickens.

Does that mean you're poor at discerning who will become good chickens?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37/44 NFL all-pros this year were NOT 4 and 5 star recruits.

If kids are a 2 or 3 and fit the system, are good kids, etc. then by all means bring em in.

Would I love an Alabama recruiting class? Yes. Do I expect it this year or next? Absolutely not. Give the man more than 24 hours.

Top Bottom