5th commit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go4

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here are some of DL we were talking about.

Big DE that could end up a DT. Also had offers from Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Wyoming.

Big DE that could end up a DT. Also had offers from Western Michigan, Central Michigan and Wyoming.

Before Fleck came here, how many scholarships were available? That would suck if they have a scholarship offer at WM, decommit and there isn't one for them at MN.....oooops!

Really depends on how many people leave...
Looks like Fleck is assuming that quite a few people will

They are following him like puppies! I hope Fleck doesn't show up at my door trying to sell my wife siding!

And there are no assurances that Fleck might not pull an offer or two from some of our previous commits if he doesn't see them fitting into his style of play.

And there are no assurances that Fleck might not pull an offer or two from some of our previous commits if he doesn't see them fitting into his style of play.

Will he give them an oar as a parting gift?

Weren't there 20+ scholarship players that walked on senior day?

Before the fiasco, I was expecting a full class. I think our numbers were close to 22, but I expected 3-4 guys to leave (they always do). I think this will be a full class 28ish.

Everyone should expect a couple of our current recruits to wind up elsewhere. It always happens. Kill did it. I can't remember the guy, but one of them was a TE who had his offer pulled and we added Goodger the same day. He knows his guys, so they are a quick convert. He is probably going to evaluate our recruits and have a frank convo with the ones that no longer fit our scheme.

I'd guess we end signing 28 but I'm not sure what our commit number REALLY is right now.

Before the fiasco, I was expecting a full class. I think our numbers were close to 22, but I expected 3-4 guys to leave (they always do). I think this will be a full class 28ish.

Everyone should expect a couple of our current recruits to wind up elsewhere. It always happens. Kill did it. I can't remember the guy, but one of them was a TE who had his offer pulled and we added Goodger the same day. He knows his guys, so they are a quick convert. He is probably going to evaluate our recruits and have a frank convo with the ones that no longer fit our scheme.

I'd guess we end signing 28 but I'm not sure what our commit number REALLY is right now.

Bob: The NCAA limits signing to 25 recruits per year so I suspect we will not be signing 28

You guys are insane. If I committed tonight could I get a new thread: 6TH COMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

You guys are insane. If I committed tonight could I get a new thread: 6TH COMITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

What is insane is assuming some kids you have never seen play aren't worthy of a MN offer because they were committed to WMU or because they aren't ranked as high as you would like. Cobb, Wells, & Thompson weren't ranked high either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee whiz, Balds...have a shot of Don Julio and calm down a bit, brother. I don't think anyone likes the way Claeys was dismissed but we do have to move forward. I would egg Kaler and Coyle's house with you, though. [emoji6]

I'm not sure what annoys me more: trolls like this "Balds" guy or the people that give him the responses he is looking for.

It seemed like it had to end this way, with Noah Hickcox batting away Hononegah's final fourth-down pass to clinch a 17-14 Boylan win tonight, just two days after his dad died....And he did it while grieving. Luke Hickcox was 45 and only learned he had pancreatic cancer five weeks ago.

"I know he is looking down on me now with a smile on his face, because this is all he wants," Hickcox said. "He was a huge Boylan supporter and he loved football. So does my whole family. He was in my head all day. During school. During pre-game. During the game. The last words he said to me is, 'Always do your best.' I am proud of all of my guys. We were a family tonight."

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/201609...an-defense-to-17-14-win-2-days-after-dad-died

Before Fleck came here, how many scholarships were available? That would suck if they have a scholarship offer at WM, decommit and there isn't one for them at MN.....oooops!

Really depends on how many people leave...
Looks like Fleck is assuming that quite a few people will

It is always amazing that sh!t always floats to the top. Go away.

I'm not sure what annoys me more: trolls like this "Balds" guy or the people that give him the responses he is looking for.

I'm not supporting Balds, Hello, Kelly or any other poster promoting negativity. This board needs to stabilize and it will as time passes. People have a right to be pissed at Kaler and Coyle with how a good man like Claeys was treated. I'm personally very excited about the hiring of Fleck and the recruiting bonus that comes with it.

Bob: The NCAA limits signing to 25 recruits per year so I suspect we will not be signing 28

You're allowed to oversign by 3- see virtually every SEC school

Wow, incredible, my sympathies to this kid.

It seemed like it had to end this way, with Noah Hickcox batting away Hononegah's final fourth-down pass to clinch a 17-14 Boylan win tonight, just two days after his dad died....And he did it while grieving. Luke Hickcox was 45 and only learned he had pancreatic cancer five weeks ago.

"I know he is looking down on me now with a smile on his face, because this is all he wants," Hickcox said. "He was a huge Boylan supporter and he loved football. So does my whole family. He was in my head all day. During school. During pre-game. During the game. The last words he said to me is, 'Always do your best.' I am proud of all of my guys. We were a family tonight."

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/201609...an-defense-to-17-14-win-2-days-after-dad-died

They are following him like puppies! I hope Fleck doesn't show up at my door trying to sell my wife siding!

And why wouldn't they follow like puppies...most have MAC level offers and suddenly they get a pass into the P5 because their "hot coach of the minute" was hired by the venerable Mark Coyle. I am surprised how many on this board are thrilled, excited and seemingly surprised that these lower level recruits are following him.

And why wouldn't they follow like puppies...most have MAC level offers and suddenly they get a pass into the P5 because their "hot coach of the minute" was hired by the venerable Mark Coyle. I am surprised how many on this board are thrilled, excited and seemingly surprised that these lower level recruits are following him.

U r surprised how many people r excited? I'm surprised at how many people like u r so negative about the 6 guys who have committed. Your post and those like it are no better than the local newspaper scribes so many on here like to rip as being anti-Gopher. R these recruits better than what Clayes and staff already had lined up? Probably not, but at least we have some progress being made in filling out the class. Did folks really expect 5 star commits within Fleck's first 24 hours??? That isn't realistic. Do these kids have Ohio State offers?? No they don't. Fleck isn't recruiting those types of kids to WMU so he doesn't have a relationship with that level of player, and isn't going to be able to develop one in the next 2-3 weeks. Expect this class to probably be filled out with more of what u have seen the last 24 hours. U want to be a Debbie downer about that go ahead, but it doesn't reflect Fleck and his recruiting abilities AT MINNNESOTA. He needs a full recruiting cycle with our resources to really show what he can do. A year from now if we have similar class in January and u want to poo poo u may have a point. Until then go have lunch with fat pat.

U r surprised how many people r excited? I'm surprised at how many people like u r so negative about the 6 guys who have committed. Your post and those like it are no better than the local newspaper scribes so many on here like to rip as being anti-Gopher. R these recruits better than what Clayes and staff already had lined up? Probably not, but at least we have some progress being made in filling out the class. Did folks really expect 5 star commits within Fleck's first 24 hours??? That isn't realistic. Do these kids have Ohio State offers?? No they don't. Fleck isn't recruiting those types of kids to WMU so he doesn't have a relationship with that level of player, and isn't going to be able to develop one in the next 2-3 weeks. Expect this class to probably be filled out with more of what u have seen the last 24 hours. U want to be a Debbie downer about that go ahead, but it didn't reflect Fleck and his recruiting abilities AT MINNNESOTA. He needs a full recruiting cycle with our resources to really show what he can do. A year from now if we have similar class in January and u want to poo poo u may have a point. Until then go have lunch with fat pat.

You are one of the sheeple, we get it. I have hired over a thousand people in my lifetime...I wait until the results to see if I made a good decision. Lots of chicks never become chickens.

I'm sure the kids coming over are good enough to keep us in 3rd or 4th in the B1G West...so we have that going for us.

You are one of the sheeple, we get it. I have hired over a thousand people in my lifetime...I wait until the results to see if I made a good decision. Lots of chicks never become chickens.

Now that sounds like a Brew quote. Only Fleckisms from now on.

While you are absolutely right about that nothing is a given, it is fair to say we had a number of scholarships that still needed to be filled for the year. We don't know how many kids are leaving, but we likely will be able to sign a full allotment of players. And since it's unlikely Fleck is going to call kids that are 4 and 5 stars that he has never talked to before today, we need someone to be on the team. Could be my apathy coming through, but I'm fine with him filling this class with whomever he can get. It's next years class where the proof will be in the pudding. Then we will see if he can recruit as well as he can elicit love for the north star.

No, I'm not. I'm not exactly thrilled with these guys either. In the long run we need better to get where we really want to go. I just don't understand all the negativity from some posters over these commits. Hell, I wasn't all in for Fleck but now I'm excited. Let's try to enjoy that and give him a chance before we poo poo the quality of his recruits after only being the Gophers head man for less than 24 hours.

Top Bottom