538: So you're saying there's a chance!

Neither Clemson or Alabama have played a ranked team this year either. Minnesota is getting zero respect in the national polls and that's fine except presuming we finally lose we will drop further than any other one loss team. The fact that Texas is still ranked ahead of us makes me want to puke. Baylor is getting very little respect as well.

If you don't think the system is biased towards the blue bloods of college football then you are crazy.

Neither Clemson or Alabama have played a ranked team this year either. Minnesota is getting zero respect in the national polls and that's fine except presuming we finally lose we will drop further than any other one loss team. The fact that Texas is still ranked ahead of us makes me want to puke. Baylor is getting very little respect as well.

If you don't think the system is biased towards the blue bloods of college football then you are crazy.

It doesn't matter if its biased. It doesn't matter the rankings now. The top 4 teams will at most have one loss. You have to be one of those to be in the conversation. And you have to beat other top 10 opponents (yes talking about you, UCF). And if you don't, you won't be going.

It doesn't matter if its biased. It doesn't matter the rankings now. The top 4 teams will at most have one loss. You have to be one of those to be in the conversation. And you have to beat other top 10 opponents (yes talking about you, UCF). And if you don't, you won't be going.

I'm well aware of how it all works, thanks though. Two weeks from Tuesday the first CFP poll will be released, that is the only poll that matters!

Think about that; who could have predicted that we would be considered to be in the top 15 teams in the country most likely to win the whole thing?

Quite an accomplishment!

I'm thinking I'd like to see the playoff format be expanded to 16 teams. :clap:

Top Bottom