5 On 3 Linemen...And The 3 Still Got PRESSURE.......

I not disagreeing with you guys, but I'm pretty sure they rushed 4 guys on the last play, even though the announcers said there was only 3.

The OL, lack of running game, and Collado are to blame for this loss. We were tied at 21 early in the 4th on our 25-yard line when the game started to turn a bit. Cal just got a PI on trying to cover Decker which gave us a 1st down and here are the next 3 plays that we ran: pass to the FB for 1 yard (how many yards do you expect to pick up on a flat to the FB?), a stretch play that picked up nothing, and then an incomplete pass to Stoudermire. Decker continued to line up 1-on-1 with Thompson yet nothing went his way. Sorry but we're not a "smashmouth/run the rock" type team. Stick to your strengths which is Decker esp. when he's continually getting man-on-man coverage. It was evident that we couldn't run the ball today considering their DL was tearing up the OL and a flat to the fullback is a very conservative play which is the exact opposite of what we needed when we were trying to take the lead.

Credit where credit is due...Cal beat us today. having said that...our O Line was bad...Wills was really bad early and got a little better, mainly because they gave him help...but Cal is decent on the DL but they ain't great and we were bad.

Interestingly, Greise sad he spoke with Brew last night and Brew commented that this team is one game changing RB away from being really good...we just don't have the RB. I don't know if I agree, but Best made his OL look really good at times when they didn't do anything impressive.

Our OL has to get better or we are looking at .500 again this year.

Credit where credit is due...Cal beat us today. having said that...our O Line was bad...Wills was really bad early and got a little better, mainly because they gave him help...but Cal is decent on the DL but they ain't great and we were bad.

Interestingly, Greise sad he spoke with Brew last night and Brew commented that this team is one game changing RB away from being really good...we just don't have the RB. I don't know if I agree, but Best made his OL look really good at times when they didn't do anything impressive.

Our OL has to get better or we are looking at .500 again this year.

There were some hole on some of the runs, but Griese made a great point about field vision and the current stable of RBs failure to recognize it.

I know It sounds like a broken record but Griese is saying what I have said all along. We need better and faster backs. The light is finally coming on in people's minds. Even Pinnix would have been a legit upgrade in our running game.

Wasn't it nice to have a real quality analyst in the booth for a change?

Top Bottom