5 Miami Central teammate will be visiting Gophers in 2 weeks

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
The 4 verbals plus WR Darreall Joyner. Per a tweet by Matt O'Connell at GI. That's cool they are all coming together. I wonder if any of the staff have a big in with the Miami Central coach?

According to Scout all four are from different schools in Miami

Hinojosa from Central
Nicolson from Coral Park
Hinds from Monsignor Pace
Ballesteros from Edison

I stated this in another thread also, but they all transferred into Central last winter, all played Spring Ball at Central together.

You don't need any sort of "in" when you are a recruits only BCS offer.

According to Scout all four are from different schools in Miami

Hinojosa from Central
Nicolson from Coral Park
Hinds from Monsignor Pace
Ballesteros from Edison

Ruppert won't be happy that Scout got scooped on this one!

The 4 verbals plus WR Darreall Joyner. Per a tweet by Matt O'Connell at GI. That's cool they are all coming together. I wonder if any of the staff have a big in with the Miami Central coach?

I hope so, Miami Central kicks out some serious talent.

I doubt any of them would land any other offers in the next 7 months...

Hinojosa has other BCS offers already by the way.

Without going in depth on each recruit I just wanted to note that Hinojosa had offers from Michigan State, Wake Forest, and West Virginia, just to name a few. Not sure if you wanted to know that or not........

Also, Nicholson is rated the 11th best player in Dade county, not a small feat. We got on him when he was sorting out some academic issues, before others will extend offers. We took a chance, hopefully it turns out, he!! of a player.

I've been trying to find out info on the 5th guy Joyner...anybody know anything. His name does not seem to pop up on the sites.

Bill Miller deserves some kudos. He was the guy recruiting these kids from Miami Central and he also nabbed the commitments from Dinero Moss (Nebraska offer), Andre McDonald, and Maxx Williams.

They're probably all attracted to unique academic opportunities.

We need to find a way to land the 6th Miami Central prospect I haven't really seen anyone bring up yet.

CB Donaldven Manning (transferred in from Miami Edison w/ Ballesteros)

he's listed as Virginia Tech commit, but according to some of the scout articles he is still looking around despite his commitment. Here are links to his profile page. According to Rivals he has offers from some high caliber teams including Florida, FSU, Miami, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin among others. Hopefully Kill can try to get on this and capitalize now that we have most of his teamates headed up this way.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Donaldven-Manning-114202
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=8&yr=2012
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ting/player?id=90635&_slug_=donaldven-manning

AShreve20, I agree with you on this one. I think we owe Virginia Tech. a good sock in the gut after last year, can't remember the kids name but they pilfered one (may be even two) of our commits late in the recruiting cycle last year. The one kid was supposed to be an outstanding D end. Go get him coach Miller.

Kill said from the day he got here that this team needed to get more athletic. The best athletes are down south. The competition for these athletes is tremendous. From what I read, all of these players have camped and have upsides. They may need redshirts or other development but they are athletic.

Just like every other coach we have had, I have to trust Kill knows the talent needed to win in his system. Many have failed, Kill has shown at lower levels he will succeed. Let's see.

We need to find a way to land the 6th Miami Central prospect I haven't really seen anyone bring up yet.

CB Donaldven Manning (transferred in from Miami Edison w/ Ballesteros)

he's listed as Virginia Tech commit, but according to some of the scout articles he is still looking around despite his commitment. Here are links to his profile page. According to Rivals he has offers from some high caliber teams including Florida, FSU, Miami, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Notre Dame, and Wisconsin among others. Hopefully Kill can try to get on this and capitalize now that we have most of his teamates headed up this way.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Donaldven-Manning-114202
http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=9&c=8&yr=2012
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...ting/player?id=90635&_slug_=donaldven-manning

We owe VaTech one for them swiping Estime at the deadline last February.

We owe VaTech one for them swiping Estime at the deadline last February.

I was so pissed about that and still am. I thought he was going to be a very solid pass-rusher for the M&G after a few years of coaching.

Not to mention James Farrow.

They didn't really steal him, since we pulled his offer. I remember that being under the guise of "academics", but considering the schools that offered him (Illinois, Michigan St., and Miami-FL all being very solid academic schools), as well as the fact that he has apparently been admitted to Virginia Tech, make me not willing to buy that at all. I thought it was fishy at the time, and I'm even more skeptical now.

With him being a Gopher commit, a highly-ranked in-state prospect, a stellar offer list, and his dad being a former Gopher player, it's a no-brainer that he should be here. There was something going on behind the scenes that we weren't told about.

They didn't really steal him, since we pulled his offer. I remember that being under the guise of "academics", but considering the schools that offered him (Illinois, Michigan St., and Miami-FL all being very solid academic schools), as well as the fact that he has apparently been admitted to Virginia Tech, make me not willing to buy that at all. I thought it was fishy at the time, and I'm even more skeptical now.

With him being a Gopher commit, a highly-ranked in-state prospect, a stellar offer list, and his dad being a former Gopher player, it's a no-brainer that he should be here. There was something going on behind the scenes that we weren't told about.

Not trying to get too OT but MV reported that Brew got pissed Farrow kept going to camps and trying to build his star rating after he committed. He used grades as the cover for dropping his offer.

Not saying I don't believe MV but it seems like a bizzarre story seeing how much Brew loved stars and hype.

Brew stole a few as well...namely Cooper and Carter...

It has become a part of recruiting.

Looks like the webisodes are working.

From MV:

Jordan talkin’ bout Coach Kill:
“He’s a nice guy but let me tell you something, I saw those Webisodes on Gopher football. You know, that’s my type of coach, mean, in your face, and he doesn’t really care what you have to think about it. That’s my type of coach and that’s the coach I want to play for”

Top Bottom