#5 Iowa is going DOWN on Saturday night

supadupafly

Reaction score
Floyd will be staying in Minneapolis another year. Ski-U-Mah! :pig::pig::pig:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hope they don't get used to being that close to the playoffs. :D

This is silly. No way they are that good.

I was hoping they were #4 so the fall was a little bit harder.

I'm surprised Oklahoma St. is #8. Should be higher in my opinion.

Iowa is #5? That is so messed up. The same team we absolutely dismantled last year. I'm hoping this is just a difference of schedules. Because looking at our 4-5 record, that's so unfair haha.

I find it interesting OSU in the top 4 without a single win over a current top-25 win. Iowa has 2 such wins, both on the road.

That said, like Baylor the Buckeyes' schedule is backloaded with MSU and Michigan.

I find it interesting OSU in the top 4 without a single win over a current top-25 win. Iowa has 2 such wins, both on the road.

SS, would the committee be giving OSU props for being defending champs? It's not like they are using a formula, right? (not saying I agree with that...)

SS, would the committee be giving OSU props for being defending champs? It's not like they are using a formula, right? (not saying I agree with that...)

How many wins in a row do they have? That alone puts them in the top 5.

Iowa is #5? That is so messed up. The same team we absolutely dismantled last year. I'm hoping this is just a difference of schedules. Because looking at our 4-5 record, that's so unfair haha.

It is not the same team. New quarterback. New attitude.

It is not the same team. New quarterback. New attitude.

That's what they said about the softer side of sears
and JC Penny when they went "no coupons"

But underneath, they both still sucked, as does iowa.

Im thinking they are so good that they cannot be beat ever again.

I can't remember a year where I wanted to beat Iowa more....
their fans think they're a legitimate playoff team, who will beat OSU
and could beat anyone and win the national title.

That's what they said about the softer side of sears
and JC Penny when they went "no coupons"

But underneath, they both still sucked, as does iowa.

I assume you think we will cover?

The only two Iowa games I remember wanting more were in the Mason era the '03 game where the Gophers were favored by a point or two on the road and got smoked (would have finished 6-2 if they won that game and gone to a really good bowl, probably rated top 15 or so going in to said bowl) and the game where Iowa attempted to take the goal posts out of the stadium (believe we could have prevented them from a Jan 1 bowl).

I feel like this game goes one of two ways: Iowa will either win handily or the Gophers will get the surprise win. I feel like this game matches up well for the Gophers from the standpoint that they've played better athletes the past two weeks and have also been on the big prime time stage the past two weeks. It's a double edge sword those as I could see the team being too banged up and/or too emotionally spent after those two big games against Michigan and tOSU.

Beathard is really struggling to move around and I feel like the Gophers have to exploit that lack of mobility on Saturday. I really don't want to go in to the last week of the season needing Nebraska to knock the Hawkeyes off because we all know Purdue won't get the job done.

And three months ago they wanted their coach fired.

Nice schedule.

The only two Iowa games I remember wanting more were in the Mason era the '03 game where the Gophers were favored by a point or two on the road and got smoked (would have finished 6-2 if they won that game and gone to a really good bowl, probably rated top 15 or so going in to said bowl) and the game where Iowa attempted to take the goal posts out of the stadium (believe we could have prevented them from a Jan 1 bowl).

I feel like this game goes one of two ways: Iowa will either win handily or the Gophers will get the surprise win. I feel like this game matches up well for the Gophers from the standpoint that they've played better athletes the past two weeks and have also been on the big prime time stage the past two weeks. It's a double edge sword those as I could see the team being too banged up and/or too emotionally spent after those two big games against Michigan and tOSU.

Beathard is really struggling to move around and I feel like the Gophers have to exploit that lack of mobility on Saturday. I really don't want to go in to the last week of the season needing Nebraska to knock the Hawkeyes off because we all know Purdue won't get the job done.

Goalposts Game: 2002. Iowa defeated Minnesota 45-21 and finished 8-0 in the Big Ten. Co-Champs with Ohio State.

Where are you that you interact with Iowa fans? I'm just curious because I really don't come across many Iowa fans in SLP or Denver. Would love to know how a team that was a First and Goal fumble @ Wisconsin away from losing (to arguably Bucky's worst team since the early 00s) can beat anyone.

Let's get TC a signature win. This season often feels lost, but there is still so much to play for.

Where are you that you interact with Iowa fans? I'm just curious because I really don't come across many Iowa fans in SLP or Denver. Would love to know how a team that was a First and Goal fumble @ Wisconsin away from losing (to arguably Bucky's worst team since the early 00s) can beat anyone.

I graduated from The University of Iowa in the Spring of 2011. It's safe to say I know a great number of Iowa fans and Alums. I don't know any that think Iowa is actually the 5th best team in the FBS. Are Iowa some Iowa fans frustrated by the prognosticators and media personalities on ESPN? Sure. Some of the aforementioned are impervious to information that casts doubt on certain SEC and Big XII powers, but I digress.

Iowa fans are exuberant about the 9-0 record. Are they excited about the possibility of 10-0...11-0...12-0...maybe a Big Ten Championship? You bet! Any rational fanbase (oxymoron?) would be.

Let's get TC a signature win. This season often feels lost, but there is still so much to play for.

+1000

Honestly, I don't know a tougher team in the Big Ten right now than Minnesota.

I graduated from The University of Iowa in the Spring of 2011.

Fellow alumnus - thirty years earlier, though. Agree with what you've said. None of my old college mates think they belong in the national playoff. They've had an easy schedule but they've made the most of it. They'll probably win the West Division, lose to OSU, make a high quality bowl, and have a fair enough chance of winning it.

Top Bottom