$5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy is in wikipedia

GopherVictory

Reaction score
So I was looking for info about Gopher QBs getting drafted and happened to notice a reference to "Bits of Wooden Chair" in the rivalry section of the Golden Gopher Football block at the bottom. I clicked over to the Nebraska rivalry page and sure enough. Some intrepid Gopher fan included the trophy in the history and broke this year out into a new era of the rivalry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota%E2%80%93Nebraska_football_rivalry

So I was looking for info about Gopher QBs getting drafted and happened to notice a reference to "Bits of Wooden Chair" in the rivalry section of the Golden Gopher Football block at the bottom. I clicked over to the Nebraska rivalry page and sure enough. Some intrepid Gopher fan included the trophy in the history and broke this year out into a new era of the rivalry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota%E2%80%93Nebraska_football_rivalry

This is awesome.

The "$5 bits of broken chair trophy" already has a great story to it. It was invented the way trophies are meant to be invented, this better be forever! How great will it be when Gameday does a story about it in a few seasons! The FDBOBCT is what's great about college football!

The "$5 bits of broken chair trophy" already has a great story to it. It was invented the way trophies are meant to be invented, this better be forever! How great will it be when Gameday does a story about it in a few seasons! The FDBOBCT is what's great about college football!

It was a GREAT story for the 2014 game. However, Pelini (guy whose face is on it, and whose temper inspired it) is gone. Now "Smiles" Reily is in charge in Lincoln, so Goldy should be thinking up a new trophy for the new era.

It was a GREAT story for the 2014 game. However, Pelini (guy whose face is on it, and whose temper inspired it) is gone. Now "Smiles" Reily is in charge in Lincoln, so Goldy should be thinking up a new trophy for the new era.

The legend and lore of the trophy has been written. I say the schools stay the course in honoring its humble beginnings. Coaches and players will change throughout time.......but the trophy, the trophy will last in infamy! FDBOBCT FOREVER!

The legend and lore of the trophy has been written. I say the schools stay the course in honoring its humble beginnings. Coaches and players will change throughout time.......but the trophy, the trophy will last in infamy! FDBOBCT FOREVER!

+1

Christ...we can't get the crowd to chant Ski-U-Mah as a cohesive group; how the hell are we going to get everyone chanting F - D - B - O - B - C - T?

Christ...we can't get the crowd to chant Ski-U-Mah as a cohesive group; how the hell are we going to get everyone chanting F - D - B - O - B - C - T?

Baby steps. First we'll figure out how to all wear gold on the same day.

Actually, first, we'll all have to figure out how to show up for a game!

Yes, along with the Jug, Pig, Axe, and mayor's freedom cup!

The Jug got its start because Fielding Yost didn't trust the water. We still play for it even in the water is pretty trustworthy. Tradition! Hay, Subway has the $5 foot long subs, maybe they can sponsor the chair.

Top Bottom