5-4-3-2-1:

Rick Mons

The former MN Snowman
Reaction score
I bet Ben Jacobson just became "fan favorite" to be the new HC at Iowa.

Lord, he's a young 'un. And looks it!

Nice job, UNI!

If the Hawkeyes come calling, Jacobson would do well to have a long talk with his predecessor and (presumed) friend, Greg McDermott. McDermott went from a highly regarded up and comer when he left UNI to a guy who seemingly needs to produce a miracle to save his job at Iowa State. While the pay would presumably be much better would he really be stepping into a better job?

If the Hawkeyes come calling, Jacobson would do well to have a long talk with his predecessor and (presumed) friend, Greg McDermott. McDermott went from a highly regarded up and comer when he left UNI to a guy who seemingly needs to produce a miracle to save his job at Iowa State. While the pay would presumably be much better would he really be stepping into a better job?

+1. There will be much better job opportunities coming Jacobson's way in the future. Possibly even later this year.

The announcers on TV mentioned Jacobson's age as 39. Really doing well isn't he? I would agree with Rick, the fans favorite for Iowa. If I were an Iowa fan he'd be my choice. So does Mark Few ever get his name mentioned for other jobs?

I think this is an excellent point coolhand. Look at McDermott, but also look at Lickliter. Lickliter had a good thing going at Butler and would had the ability to stay there for years, yet where does he go after his 3 years at Iowa? It's going to be difficult for him to find another job after struggling there. Jacobson could have security at UNI like Altman has at Creighton and if he improves that program to a Gonzaga like level he'll have the ability to jump to a top 20 type job if he chooses.

So does Mark Few ever get his name mentioned for other jobs?
He does, but he's never going to leave Gonzaga.

I read an article recently about how he can definitely get a better paying job elsewhere, but is very comfortable at Gonzaga, just built a new house, is a big family guy and wants his kids to stay and grow up there, and doesn't see himself ever leaving.

Mark Few is rumored to be on Oregon's dream list of coaches next to Tubby. He is an Oregon alum but seems pretty content with his situation in Spokane.

He does, but he's never going to leave Gonzaga.

I read an article recently about how he can definitely get a better paying job elsewhere, but is very comfortable at Gonzaga, just built a new house, is a big family guy and wants his kids to stay and grow up there, and doesn't see himself ever leaving.

He doesn't have to leave - he gets great talent there, competes in NCAA often, wins 80% of his games, etc.

Top Bottom