4th Group - MINNESOTA: Which Recruit are you most excited about?

4th Group - MINNESOTA: Which Recruit are you most excited about?

• Duke Anyanwu-Blaine, MN 6’2” 215 WR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isaac Hayes-Mendota Heights, MN 6’3” 270 OG

Votes: 15 10.5%
  • Ben Lauer-Plymouth, MN 6’6” 260 OT

• Mitch Leidner-Lakeville, MN 6’4” 220 QB

• Andre McDonald-Minnetonka, MN 6’3” 200 WR

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Philip Nelson-Mankato, MN 6’2” 215 QB

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Jonah Pirsig-Blue Earth, MN 6’9” 290 OT

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nick Rallis-Edina, MN 5’11” 200 OLB

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Maxx Williams-Waconia, MN 6’4” 225 TE

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
You betcha!

Winner moves on. Top vote getters get entered into Death Match as well.

Toughest choice for me. I'm jacked up about all of them, but Nelson, McDonald, Hayes and Pirsig in particular. Voted McDonald b/c I think he has the greatest chance to make "immediate" impact.

its hard not to go with nelson here, especially when he is being paraded as the next lord and savior of gopher football. I am guessing he is going to redshirt, especially with a guy like shortell in front of him but we shall see.

I went with Nelson, just because he plays the most important position. My guess is when their Gopher careers are over, Hayes will be the best player out of this class.

McDonald, because I wouldn't be shocked if he had 40+ catches this year.

Really a toss up between Nelson and McDonald. I chose McDonald because of his chances of immediate impact.

Hard to say since some of those who are not skilled positions have the opportunity to be as valuable as those who are.

Nelson...saw this kid play against Bemidji. Even though they lost, you could see this kids athleticism and he poise in the pocket. Right now he is a better passer than Gray. He can be a difference maker with his arm and feet once he gets on the field in 2013 because he will have the ball on every play, whereas McDonald will only have it a small percentage of the offensive plays.

Really tough decision between Nelson, Hayes, Pirsig, and McDonald. I like them all.

I like Hayes upper body strength and his meanness, something the Gophers have lacked. He seems a bit slow downfield and also falls to the ground too much when finishing his blocks. But he should be good. My choice is McDonald because he will be an NFL star some day. I can't imagine him not being a 5 star. He is outstanding.

I vote nobody. Proud of them all for staying home and playing for a tough coach. Wish you all the best. Sky's the limit guys, whose gonna work the hardest?

I vote nobody. Proud of them all for staying home and playing for a tough coach. Wish you all the best. Sky's the limit guys, whose gonna work the hardest?

P.S. Stay away from my daughter.

I am willing to bet that Max Williams becomes a major part of this team. I love his film. He is a ginger beast!

I voted Pirsig. To a large degree, the future success of our offense, regardless of who is playing at QB, will be dependent upon this large kids ability to protect the QB.

I'd would have liked to have been able to go with the Hayes/Pirsig combo platter. It all starts with the line.

i went with hayes... but it was hard not to vote for nelson....

Top Bottom