4 years after Bachman tragedy, Hugh McCutcheon, Lindsey Berg return to Games

It will be interesting to see if he makes a big difference in recruiting. 2013 is already set, but he may have a bigger impact in 2014 and 2015.

MNBob said:
It will be interesting to see if he makes a big difference in recruiting. 2013 is already set, but he may have a bigger impact in 2014 and 2015.

He has a tough job in front of him with the Big Ten probably the top conference in the country right now and three top programs in front of them.

He has a tough job in front of him with the Big Ten probably the top conference in the country right now and three top programs in front of them.
Which three? PSU & Nebraska are obviously a step ahead, but I'd put Minnesota's program right up there with anyone else in the B1G. Hebert left the program is good shape, and McCutcheon's Olympic ties should be appealing to recruits. And he obviously knows the game. Should be a fun couple years for Gopher volleyball fans.

Which three? PSU & Nebraska are obviously a step ahead, but I'd put Minnesota's program right up there with anyone else in the B1G. Hebert left the program is good shape, and McCutcheon's Olympic ties should be appealing to recruits. And he obviously knows the game. Should be a fun couple years for Gopher volleyball fans.

Illinois, they did play for the national championship last year.

Illinois, they did play for the national championship last year.

If you look at the past 10 years Illinois has 1 Final Four and 1 Championship appearance while Minnesota has 3 and 1, so I wouldn't consider their program considerably better. Plus they just graduated their top 3 hitters and setter, so they're going to be in rebuilding mode anyway.

Top Bottom