4-foot-5 fifth grader Julian Newman starting for varsity team

Holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# is the kid quick and great a ball handling. If he grows to at least 5'10 he'll likely be one of the top players in his class. Absolutely amazing ball handling and quickness for his age. He's already got a great floater and seems to have good form on his shot.

Cute video. Was Downey Christian playing the Washington Generals?

No reason for the kid to be playing basketball at the high school level. Put him on an AAU team with top notch 5th graders and he'd be better served. That "church league" squad playing funnel defense against him isn't going to help him for his future.

I can understand dad wanting his son to be around him, but if I'm a parent at the school I would be concerned with nepotism. Dad would do his son more justice by having him play at an elite level with kids his own age than having his son play against "Cooper and Kripke".

"He has moves that even NBA players don't have. He does stuff that hasn't been done before with the ball."

Might be hyping his kid up a little too much. I would hate to have to try to live up to the expectations his dad likely has for him.

The competition is terrible. Did anyone see that shot at the 52 second mark? Yikes!

Either way, that is very impressive. His ball-handling would be good for a senior.

The coaches get to stand on court during the game... Low level ball. Still has varsity handle. defensive liability for sure right now

How long before we start seeing some highlight videos on ultra-sound?

That's cute and all, but if you really wanted to stop him a super hard foul would probably do the trick.

That would be awkward trying to be physical and aggressive while trying to guard a 5th grader. It's dumb he is playing at the high school level even if he is really good.

And thank god for the mute button. That music was terribly annoying.

The kid looks really good,

but I think 1st graders could keep up with that competition... How were they high schoolers?

That would be awkward trying to be physical and aggressive while trying to guard a 5th grader. It's dumb he is playing at the high school level even if he is really good.

Seriously, how are you supposed to guard him if you're a 6' guard? You lay a hand on him and he's down for the count probably. Just dumb, at least wait till his voice lowers a lil bit lol.

Top Bottom