4/10 Scrimmage is open to the public......

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
.....according to Coach Brewster. 2:00-2:15pm at TCF. Fantastic!

I will miss the Spring Game so this is my chance to see what is going on.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that I can't go, but I will be in Vegas so i'm sure i'll get over it. I hope there are some good reports on here when I get back.

Is this thing really a scrimmage or is it a kids camp? Is there an official announcement regarding this event?

According to what I heard on Sids Sunday show, its both. The kids camp will follow the scrimmage. Strange that this has not been publicized.

.....according to Coach Brewster. 2:00-2:15pm at TCF. Fantastic!

I will miss the Spring Game so this is my chance to see what is going on.

A 15-minute scrimmage, or they haven't set a time for the start yet...?

10 April Scrimmage

Would appreciate the observations and opinions of any of you who can attend this Saturday's scrimmage. Thanks.

This is the email I received this morning from Andy Seeley from the football office: "I hope to have some information on this soon. Look at GopherSports.com later today or tomorrow."

Latest from Andy Seeley. The practice/scrimmage is open to the public and will start at 1pm to around 3pm followed by the Youth Day at 3pm-4pm.

Best news i've heard all day!

A 15-minute scrimmage, or they haven't set a time for the start yet...?

if i heard it correctly on the show last sunday it is that the scrimmage will be from 2pm until about 3pm.

also, for those of you with kids following the team scrimmage the gophers will host the Second Annual Brew's Crew Youth Day Saturday, April 10 at TCF Bank Stadium.

Brew's Crew Youth Day is open to children in Grades 2-8, per NCAA rules. Registration is free, but there are a limited number of spots remaining, so early registration is encouraged.

The event begins at 2 p.m. Check-in will be held at the Cook County sign outside TCF Bank Stadium, off of 23rd Ave. From 3-4 p.m., Gopher coaches will conduct practice drills with the youth. At 4 p.m., an autograph session will allow an opportunity to get photos and autographs from Gopher players and coaches.

In addition, those taking part in the Youth Day will have the opportunity to tour TCF Bank Stadium, get their faces painted, have their picture taken with Goldy and other activities.

To register for free, RSVP via email to [email protected] with "Youth Day RSVP" in the Subject: line of the email.

This is the email I received this morning from Andy Seeley from the football office: "I hope to have some information on this soon. Look at GopherSports.com later today or tomorrow."

I went to Gophersports.com a week ago to look up details on the Spring Game and found nothing, nada, zip, I emailed them about it and never even got a reply. As usual, they are right on top of things.

bump. so based on the most recent info it appears that the scrimmage this saturday at TCF stadium will be from 2-3pm and is free and open to the public.

also, for those of you with kids following the team scrimmage the gophers will host the Second Annual Brew's Crew Youth Day Saturday, April 10 at TCF Stadium.

Brew's Crew Youth Day is open to children in Grades 2-8, per NCAA rules. Registration is free, but there are a limited number of spots remaining, so early registration is encouraged.

The event begins at 2 p.m. Check-in will be held at the Cook County sign outside TCF Bank Stadium, off of 23rd Ave. From 3-4 p.m., Gopher coaches will conduct practice drills with the youth. At 4 p.m., an autograph session will allow an opportunity to get photos and autographs from Gopher players and coaches.

In addition, those taking part in the Youth Day will have the opportunity to tour TCF Bank Stadium, get their faces painted, have their picture taken with Goldy and other activities.

To register for free, RSVP via email to [email protected] with "Youth Day RSVP" in the Subject: line of the email.

bump. hoping to see my fellow gophers fans out in force this weekend on what is shaping up to be a beautiful and sunny saturday afternoon.

?

Gophersports.com says it starts at 2:00 PM followed by youth practice drills from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM but some on here say it starts at 1:00 PM which is it? My nephew is taking part in the youth day and I want to make sure he does not miss anything.

Gophersports.com says it starts at 2:00 PM followed by youth practice drills from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM but some on here say it starts at 1:00 PM which is it? My nephew is taking part in the youth day and I want to make sure he does not miss anything.

the gophers intra-squad scrimmage will be from 2-3pm this saturday at tcf stadium.

the youth day event beings at 2 p.m. with registration at the Cook County entrance of TCF Stadium. from 3-4 p.m., Gophers football coaches will conduct practice drills with those who register, and at 4 p.m. those attending will be able to get photographs and autographs from Gophers players, will have the opportunity to tour TCF Stadium, get their faces painted, have their picture taken with Goldy and other activities.

bottom line: i would get their about 1:40pm so that you have time to register your nephew/son/daughter and so won't miss any of the scrimmage from 2-3pm.

Information coming from Brewster and the athletic department on this event has been rather sketchy. I think the open practice begins at 1PM.

Latest from Andy Seeley. The practice/scrimmage is open to the public and will start at 1pm to around 3pm followed by the Youth Day at 3pm-4pm.

This from the Gopher football office that I posted earlier in this thread. Try reading this again. Brewster said the scrimmage will start around 2-2:15

this is an email I just got from the football office: The gates to the scrimmage open at 1:00. The Youth Day registration begins at 2:00, however activities do not begin until 3:00. You will be able to see the scrimmage before the clinic.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday and Go Gophers!

I look forward to a recap from anyone in attendance who cares to share.

Watched most of the scrimmage today...I'm sure someone will give a much more through breakdown (I was chasing my 3 year old around a lot!), but here are some thoughts:

1) QB's: Weber was easily the sharpest of the 3. He looked very relaxed and comfortable, making good reads and putting the ball in good spots on a line. Threw a couple really sharp out routes. Gray made a really nice run during the "live" portion of the scrimmage (they blew the whistle, but he would've scored). MG really does need to work on his reads, though. You can tell he gets locked-in on one guy and gets pretty antsy in the pocket when it starts to break down. He probably would've been sacked several times today if they allowed it. Alipate is HUGE and does have a good arm, although I think he has a really weird release point (really low...almost side-armish a couple times). All in all, I'd be SHOCKED if anyone other than Weber starts and/or takes the majority of the snaps.

2) Running game: The OL really struck me as much improved. The running game was sharp throughout the day & Deleon Eskridge actually looked darn good, making some really great reads/cuts on zone plays and picking up big chunks of yards on several occasions. You can see why the staff is so excited about Michel, btw--he's a beast and looks well put together. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting reps by the end of the year. He looked agile at LT and was able to "scoop" an inside technique a couple times on zone running plays away from him. I didn't focus in on Olson much...hopefully someone else did and can report back. All in all, I'd be hugely surprised if the OL wasn't 5x improved this year...they looked a lot better/more fluid, especially in the running game.

3) Troy Stoudemire, Bryant Allen, and Eric Lair all caught multiple balls, a few of which were really nicely hauled-in. Allen left with an injury near the end of the scrimmage...looked like an ankle, the way he was limping off with the aid of two trainers. Hope he's OK! All in all, the receiving core has a TON of raw talent, but it's just that--raw. They need a ton of seasoning on things like route running and getting up the field after the catch (both Allen and Stoudemire lost YAC trying to make people miss). Tons of ability, though. I should add that Hayo Carpenter was running with the 1st unit for much of the day, and I just really wasn't impressed. I was excited as everyone else when he came in last year, but I really don't see him contributing. I remember one play in particular where Weber pretty badly underthrew a fade to the endzone. An athletic WR should have been able to leap at the highest point and at least try to knock it down, but Hayo got bodied out by the corner who almost picked it off...it was sad.

4) I didn't focus on the D as much, since I was really interested in the OL and running game. I'll say this much: the DL is absolutely HUGE. I was in Ames last week and watched ISU scrimmage from field-level, and their DL was extremely small compared to what we're running out there. I'll be interested to watch their development...

5) I'll say this much for Keanon Cooper: I absolutely love his upside, but he needs to get a LOT bigger if he's going to play in or around the box much this year. The staff had him playing near the line a lot (and coming on a ton of stunts) and he was getting abused consistently...just totally washed out in the running game. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays more like a safety as the year progresses...I really just think he's too small.

6) Tinsley didn't participate...I don't know if it's already been reported that he's injured or something, but he did sit out.

7) We missed two consecutive FG's of about 35 yards during the 2 min drill, after both the 1st and 2nd unit O's had driven the ball about 40 yards (quite nicely, btw...the 2nd unit was especially impressive, with Gray connecting to Stoudemire for about a 20 yard gain to get into FG range).

Top Bottom