#4/1 Gophers @ #13/11 Spartans

bonin21

Reaction score
5:30 on BTN tonight
5:00 on BTN tomorrow

Effort needs to be way better than last weekend.

Goal for the weekend: Win 1 in regulation, other one to at least a shootout (avoid a loss in the record books)

They need to string shifts together and stop going up and down the ice. There has just been not enough constant offensive pressure and far to many neutral zone turnovers. I am expecting a sweep as the gophers have way more offensive talent and Michigan state is a little light in defense. Of course I fully expect the gophers to massively outshoot Michigan state and make their goalie look like amazing.

The top line continues to stay on the ice too long and chase goals and its hurting the team.

That was an arse kicking…when they falter the week before they respond the next weekend.

Should be much closer tonight, but if the Gophers play their game they will head out of Michigan with a sweep.

Lamb not in lineup tonight... Did he get hurt or is Motzko just trying new things?

Lamb not in lineup tonight... Did he get hurt or is Motzko just trying new things?
Not sure, but I don't hate the move. I think Lamb will turn out to be a nice player, but so far plays a bit of a timid game and gets pushed around a bit. I like the idea of having Kurth out there with 7 & 77

Bar down for Nelson and it’s 3-0 gophers after Michigan state hit the bar 30 seconds before that.

Final:

Minnesota - 6

Michigan State - 3

Last edited:

Thanks. Fixed it.
Nice feeling to get that sweep! With Wisconsin next, I think we will have another sweep coming up. Hope we can keep the momentum going through the second half of conference play. I wonder how many we lose to the Juniors?

Nice feeling to get that sweep! With Wisconsin next, I think we will have another sweep coming up. Hope we can keep the momentum going through the second half of conference play. I wonder how many we lose to the Juniors?
Cooley, Snuggerud for sure. Chesley almost certainly. Possibly Luke Mittstadt

Gophers won't lose any player-games to the WJC. They just have two exhibitions during the tournament.

Also, I doubt Mittelstadt will be on the team.

This was our best weekend of the year IMO. I think the jury is still out on how good MSU actually is, but to go on the road against a team that was on fire and totally outclass them two nights in a row is a great accomplishment. If we get this gopher team in March/April, hanging #6 is a strong possibility. Great bounce back weekend for Close after a rough outing in Arizona as well. Cooley seems to be heating up and that big line is clicking right now. And most exciting of all, Brodzinski seems to have found a spot where he's not a complete anchor.

Series against SCSU will be the biggest test of the year.

Top Bottom