3rd season since 1968 with ZERO large-margin losses.

Goldmember

Reaction score
At the time, many people mentioned this was the first season that Minnesota beat Wisconsin, outdoors, in Minneapolis since 1977.

But this was also among only three seasons since 1968 that Minnesota had no losses of greater than 2 possessions.

The others were 1999 and 2016.

At the time, many people mentioned this was the first season that Minnesota beat Wisconsin, outdoors, in Minneapolis since 1977.

But this was also among only three seasons since 1968 that Minnesota had no losses of greater than 2 possessions.

The others were 1999 and 2016.

Good find! And, of those four losses, three were by one possession.

To me, this is the big difference between the state of things now and when we were good under Mason. With the exception of 1999, his seasons typically had games where the Gophs were not in it and couldn't keep it close against the OSUs and Ms of the world. I feel like this year's team could beat almost anyone outside of the top 5.

To me, this is the big difference between the state of things now and when we were good under Mason. With the exception of 1999, his seasons typically had games where the Gophs were not in it and couldn't keep it close against the OSUs and Ms of the world. I feel like this year's team could beat almost anyone outside of the top 5.
Yes. We made a special effort to get up from IA for that 55-0 loss. I think I was drunkly incoherent by middle of 3rd quarter. Thank God my wife was driving.......

We’ve had so many games where things go wrong and rather than fade… they keep fighting.

Sometimes they were mistakes, other times a third and long that Kill or Mason teams might never overcome.

PJs team has grit.

There is a partial explanation for this. 1969 was the year in which the clock began being stopped after every first down. This adds a few minutes to each game. 5 seconds or so per first down? In games where there is a talent disparity, a longer game gives more opportunity for this edge to be asserted.

Top Bottom