36 Minnesotans on NDSU roster

loki

Reaction score
NDSU just beat Iowa. There are 36 Minnesotans on NDSU's roster if my MN math is correct and many other so called 2nd tier players from North Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa. I am not sure how many from this area start or play important roles. Here is my question... Could MN be more competitive in the Big Ten by giving mostly scholarships to Minnesotans and the North Central US even if they aren't highly ranked? Discuss.....

No. Rankings are all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the skill positions, no. OL, DL, LBs yes there's enough good talent . Overall, no. Lack of depth in skill positions is the pitfall.

The bigger question is how many would academically qualify for the U.

At the skill positions, no. OL, DL, LBs yes there's enough good talent . Overall, no. Lack of depth in skill positions is the pitfall.

Just ask Carson Wentz.

They need to rename that school West Minnesota State.

You can't win with Minnesotans.

A lot of NDSU's skill positions come from the south too, fairly decent amount from FL, Ca and Az.
They're #1 RB this year is from Mo, and Qb from Neb. But a lot of their trench warriors are a
bunch of corn fed boys from Mn, Wi and Nd.

Remember, we did get probably the best position player ND has had in years in James Johansson.
Imagine that Bison team with that kid back there...

A lot of NDSU's skill positions come from the south too, fairly decent amount from FL, Ca and Az.
They're #1 RB this year is from Mo, and Qb from Neb. But a lot of their trench warriors are a
bunch of corn fed boys from Mn, Wi and Nd.

Remember, we did get probably the best position player ND has had in years in James Johansson.
Imagine that Bison team with that kid back there...

So your assumption is our #4 RB is better than what they have?

So your assumption is our #4 RB is better than what they have?

LOL, really?...
He's a very skilled player (and likely not behind Femi-Cole since he was better
in the spring game) and would make that Bison team even better if he chose them.

All of them would get into the U of M.

Not provable either way, but highly doubtful. The University of Minnesota is a vastly superior academic institution to North Dakota Agricultural College.

We've gone through this discussion often. Some of their players would look good in a Gopher uniform, but it always brings-up at least two things. When people look, they find that very few on the NDSU's best players had many, if any, offers from Power 5, or even MWC schools. The other question? If that's the case, how many of those players would give up a chance to play on a very good FCS team to walk on or take a chance on being a 3rd or 4th string player, on a BCS team? Even the ones who would could end-up being a 1st or 2nd string player later in their BCS career.

Now add in the players who couldn't qualify and most likely we know why those guys aren't in Maroon and Gold.

We've gone through this discussion often. Some of their players would look good in a Gopher uniform, but it always brings-up at least two things. When people look, they find that very few on the NDSU's best players had many, if any, offers from Power 5, or even MWC schools. The other question? If that's the case, how many of those players would give up a chance to play on a very good FCS team to walk on or take a chance on being a 3rd or 4th string player, on a BCS team? Even the ones who would could end-up being a 1st or 2nd string player later in their BCS career.

Now add in the players who couldn't qualify and most likely we know why those guys aren't in Maroon and Gold.

That's way too rational of an analysis for this board....

we could, but we'd have to move the campus out of state

LOL, really?...
He's a very skilled player (and likely not behind Femi-Cole since he was better
in the spring game) and would make that Bison team even better if he chose them.

I agree he is skilled. I agree he is likely ahead of JFC (which is why I said #4 and not #5). With that said, he very well would ride the pine at NDSU. See where he transfers after this year and then we will know.

How long have you lived in Fargo?

The point? I don't believe ndsu would contend over an entire season. Good win for them but let's calm down

Perhaps ndsu should be part of the Big 12 expanasion

I said lack of DEPTH. What did you mean by your comment?

They've had plenty of MN kids play in positions other than OL an DL.

They include WR, CB, S, RB. Etc.

The beauty is that they will likely never play a Big 10 team again. That will hurt their recruiting.
This win will end this stage for them.

Top Bottom