32 games...31 on....1 NOT!!??

dinkything

Reaction score
just got back in to town...gonna kick back and get ready for a big day of college football on the 7th...

I see there are 32 college football games listed in the Star Tribune's "on the air Saturday" section.

31 of those games are televised, so anyone can watch the likes of Western Kentucky, Missouri State, Eastern Michigan, Tennessee Tech., Indiana State, SE Louisiana, Texas-San Antonio, Norfolk State, Delaware St., Delaware, Old Dominion, La-Lafayette, Alabama State, Jackson State, and more....

However, only one of these 32 games is NOT televised. Guess which one it is:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

You've got to be kidding me!!

I do not get all the whining about this game and TV, as much as I am POed that I should be in Chapel Hill NC tonight.

Any decent sports bar like BWW, Sensers or most neighborhood bars have Dishnetwork or Direct TV. I have had DishNetwork for years and love all the overflow channels, Regional Sports Channels, Pac 10 Channel, MLBBV, NBATV, NHLTV, NFL Redzone, CBS SportsN, and NBC/Versus.

The worthless Star Trib TV Sports listing almost always misses several games that I get every night.

It initially looked like I as a DishNetwork customer was not going to get the game, so I went to Big Ten Network to Go, was asked to verify my BTN access via Dish, then was granted access. I hooked a HDMI cable from my laptop, then watched the awful Illinois team replay as a test. The broadcast looked great on my TV. My backup plan was to to to BWW or Billy's on Grand to watch the game.

I now know the game is on DishNetwork overflow channel (Altitude Denver/ FS Arizona) so now the DVR is set and I'll probably not leave the couch.

If you are so worried about it I'd suggest the 11:45 Delta Flight to ABQ that lands at 1:14 PM for $551 round trip (Sunday return)

You can rent a car for $24 and be in Las Cruces by 4 PM.

I just about pulled the trigger on this option an hour ago. This is a great plan unless your home actually is in Iowa or Wisconsin, Dinkything.'

http://www.delta.com/air-shopping/s...F&checksum=758739727&cacheKey=gMUk9rt7lxROp2F

EDIT: Now up to $591, I'd still do it though if I could get away with it.

If you are so worried about it I'd suggest the 11:45 Delta Flight to ABQ that lands at 1:14 PM for $551 round trip (Sunday return)

I just about pulled the trigger on this option an hour ago. This is a great plan unless your home actually is in Iowa or Wisconsin, Dinkything.'

http://www.delta.com/air-shopping/s...F&checksum=758739727&cacheKey=gMUk9rt7lxROp2F

Try to understand not everyone is as well employed as you. There are a lot of people that are struggling. I would have loved to be able to afford season tickets thus year, but unfortunately cannot. Happy my dad got us tickets to San Jose St., and s friend got us tickets to Badgers. Have fun, cheer for those of us that can't make it and Go Gophers

In blind hope for future income increases, I have never backed away from blowing money I do not have on Gopher travel.

In retrospect in the interest of financial prudence, maybe I should have passed on all of these things, but I'll go the grave pleased with my rash decisions

Gopher Tubbyball in Milwaukee, three Music City Bowls, Sun Bowl II, Cal, USC, Tulsa, Cleveland/Kent, Michigan, the 2006 Insight Meltdown in Arizona, Brewsterball hell at Indiana, MSU, UNLV, plus multiple trips to the great towns of Iowa City, and Madison, but what the hell, the creditors can sue my estate if my optimism for is misplaced.

Based upon what you wrote, I'd just go to Buffalo Wild Wings and blow $25 on beer and wings and enjoy the game if things are tight. Better yet go to the one on University and Oak, soak up the U of M atmosphere and meet some great bar staff and fellow Gopher fans!

In blind hope for future income increases, I have never backed away from blowing money I do not have on Gopher travel.

In retrospect in the interest of financial prudence, maybe I should have passed on all of these things, but I'll go the grave pleased with my rash decisions

Gopher Tubbyball in Milwaukee, three Music City Bowls, Sun Bowl II, Cal, USC, Tulsa, Cleveland/Kent, Michigan, the 2006 Insight Meltdown in Arizona, Brewsterball hell at Indiana, MSU, UNLV, plus multiple trips to the great towns of Iowa City, and Madison, but what the hell, the creditors can sue my estate if my optimism for is misplaced.

Based upon what you wrote, I'd just go to Buffalo Wild Wings and blow $25 on beer and wings and enjoy the game if things are tight. Better yet go to the one on University and Oak, soak up the U of M atmosphere and meet some great bar staff and fellow Gopher fans!

I already have the pc hooked up to my dad/roommates tv, and the likelihood of it being in direct tv. I

For us peons whose home is Wisconsin dinkything, all we get to do is afternoon is go out and enjoy a beautiful day cruising and fresh air on Lake Superior and the Apostle Islands.

If you have Comcast and live in Minneapolis, Purdue and Indiana State are not televised.

I can watch the Minnesota game with Comcast. I can't watch Purdue.

Top Bottom