30 Members of The Pride of Minnesota marching band will represent Minnesota and the US at the World Expo in Dubai March 3-9!

Taji34

Reaction score
This is very exciting! They will perform in Stage Shows and a Parade to generate excitement for Minnesota's bid to host the World Expo in 2027. Make sure to follow along on the band's social media, and like and share these posts!

I'm sure it will be a fun experience for the members but I'm surprised the university and school of music are supportive of the trip.

I'm sure it will be a fun experience for the members but I'm surprised the university and school of music are supportive of the trip.
Yes, it is a mix bag situation as Phil Mickelson found out when fellow golfers brought up the issues over there.

I’m sure they are approaching it as an experience for those kids, I get that but I agree that there are some other considerations when it comes to these trips to despotic countries.

Yes, it is a mix bag situation as Phil Mickelson found out when fellow golfers brought up the issues over there.

Dubai isn't Saudi Arabia. Not that it doesn't have issues. It's somewhere I would like to visit just to see all the crazy buildings.

Dubai isn't Saudi Arabia. Not that it doesn't have issues. It's somewhere I would like to visit just to see all the crazy buildings.
Dubai, I think is very high on tourism lists. Probably a lot because of what you said. I haven't heard anything bad from them, but I'm out of touch on a lot of things. I'd sure like to go. But, I'm in construction and I get interested in the engineering and processes behind building that city.

Either way, good for the band. Hell of an accomplishment and congratulations.

Dubai, I think is very high on tourism lists. Probably a lot because of what you said. I haven't heard anything bad from them, but I'm out of touch on a lot of things. I'd sure like to go. But, I'm in construction and I get interested in the engineering and processes behind building that city.

Either way, good for the band. Hell of an accomplishment and congratulations.
My brother from California went there before the pandemic. His family had a great time.

You're correct my bad big time. Not sure why I always associated Dubai with Saudi Arabia.

Dubai is an incredible place to visit! My wife and I felt extremely safe and comfortable there, and I must say our Abu Dhabi and Dubai trip ranks VERY highly on our all-time list. The tallest building in the world, biggest shopping mall (inside which we skied for an afternoon!), incredible variety of international cuisines, luxury hotels, and surprisingly affordable considering how wealthy much of the population is. It's not without political/human rights issues as pointed out above (they have a huge immigrant population primarily working in construction and hospitality), but it's not Saudi Arabia or Qatar as far as I've heard.

I'd like to go to the Dubai World Cup at Meydan Racecourse some day. But first I need to visit Machu Picchu.

Top Bottom