3 Words Tubby...

march madness

Reaction score
Box and One.

Box and one with Johnson chasing Abrams. No one else has a consistent outside shot per my friend a big Texas fan.

For next year I would practice a box and one and a 1-3-1 zone. We will be playing Michigan and Northwestern every year. Why not teach it and learn how to play against it.

The gophers played against a talented team with more experience. Abrams was on fire, our defense didn't help this.

We stopped getting the ball inside. We could have gotten Pittman in foul trouble.

I do thank Tubby for the experience it was fun to cheer! Easy to be Thursday night Quarterback.

Box and One.

We stopped getting the ball inside. We could have gotten Pittman in foul trouble.

It seemed to me that Pittman was doing his fair share of fouling, but the refs wouldn't blow the whistle on him. Reminded me of the TWolves vs. Shaq in the Western Conference Championship; the refs allowed the big man to do whatever he wanted. There's got to come a time in basketball when they're going to make the high elbow-swing a mandatory foul call, if not an intentional or technical foul. I'd also like to see that no matter if a defensive player is moving or not, that if the offensive player lays a shoulder into the defender, it should be an offensive foul. Those type of calls never - and probably never will - make sense to me.

It seemed to me that Pittman was doing his fair share of fouling, but the refs wouldn't blow the whistle on him. Reminded me of the TWolves vs. Shaq in the Western Conference Championship; the refs allowed the big man to do whatever he wanted. There's got to come a time in basketball when they're going to make the high elbow-swing a mandatory foul call, if not an intentional or technical foul. I'd also like to see that no matter if a defensive player is moving or not, that if the offensive player lays a shoulder into the defender, it should be an offensive foul.

It's not like Pittman got a rebound and just started throwing his elbows everywhere, he was turned away from Sampson, and he was on his way up to the hoop when the elbow hit. Good non-call. The refs even took an extra look at the TV replay to see if there should have been anything called, and they decided there wasn't.

It's not like Pittman got a rebound and just started throwing his elbows everywhere, he was turned away from Sampson, and he was on his way up to the hoop when the elbow hit. Good non-call. The refs even took an extra look at the TV replay to see if there should have been anything called, and they decided there wasn't.

Does anyone really need to swing their elbows fast and hard at head level before putting a ball into the hoop? I think not. I doubt it was on purpose, but he did it nonetheless.

It seemed to me that Pittman was doing his fair share of fouling, but the refs wouldn't blow the whistle on him. Reminded me of the TWolves vs. Shaq in the Western Conference Championship; the refs allowed the big man to do whatever he wanted. There's got to come a time in basketball when they're going to make the high elbow-swing a mandatory foul call, if not an intentional or technical foul. I'd also like to see that no matter if a defensive player is moving or not, that if the offensive player lays a shoulder into the defender, it should be an offensive foul. Those type of calls never - and probably never will - make sense to me.

I agree - I thought he could have easily had 3 fouls in the first half

Sometimes changing the defense throws a team off of its game, sometimes it doesn't. I think changing to the zone allowed Abrams to get in a groove and then it was lights out.

Top Bottom