3-Star TE Jacob Paulson commits to Gophers!

And of course I spelled his name wrong in the title. Shame on me :( Mods, can you fix?

Wow, that was fast, I noticed that Kyle Goblirsche had given a crystal ball predition on him to us this afternoon. He also gave ones for Boye Mafe and Harrison Van Dyne today so watch for those. I see some people list Paulson as a DT. One interesting thing is the the previous coaches were recruiting him, he visited in December, but the new coaches must like him as well.

Solid get. Had a few Power 5 offers. I'm happy with whoever PJ brings in this year. He had 20 some days to do it and it's impressive that he was able to essentially fill the class so fast.

But I'll be interested in seeing how he does next year with more time to build a relationship with better recruits.

This is a really nice pick-up for us, he looks great on film! I like that Fleck is going after a lot of guys that are 6'4-6'5", 240-250 lbs. Umlor, Bursch, and Paulson. These are kids that could wind up at TE, DE, or add weight and end up at DT (ala Stelter). It seems like we didn't recruit enough of these type of players during the Claeys/Kill era.

Wow, that was fast, I noticed that Kyle Goblirsche had given a crystal ball predition on him to us this afternoon. He also gave ones for Boye Mafe and Harrison Van Dyne today so watch for those. I see some people list Paulson as a DT. One interesting thing is the the previous coaches were recruiting him, he visited in December, but the new coaches must like him as well.

Van Dyne is visiting this weekend, earlier than all of the other recruits. He looks unbelievable in his highlights, it would be great to add him and one more WR for this class.

More concerned about replacing DBs than adding another WR. Any set up for visits other than the kid we're trying to keep committed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

More concerned about replacing DBs than adding another WR. Any set up for visits other than the kid we're trying to keep committed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demetrius Douglas is back in the mix and should be visiting next weekend.

He looks like the most comfortable pass catcher of our 3 TE's committed.

Nice addition, I was thinking he was gone when Ulmer committed. I really like his video.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/2687398/57e3fb09688ec45b04efe9e7' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man this kid looks great on both sides of the ball. Great addition to the team! I think i like him better at TE though. He looks like a better blocker then half of the Oline, and looks like he can be a threat in the passing game as well!

We also have our Kentucky connection of Morgan to Paulson.

Fantastic athlete for his size. I saw we just offered Gindorff too, so obviously not everyone winds up at tight end.

A certain type of kid regardless of rating will climb over broken glass to join Fleck.

Really a nice pickup....

Top Bottom