#3/1 Gophers vs. #4/4 Huskies

Not that they were terrible last night, but I think our world junior guys were a little fatigued.

Not that they were terrible last night, but I think our world junior guys were a little fatigued.
They shouldn't have been playing. What good does it do? No doubt will be tired today as well. Also risks for injury as well when you're tired.

They shouldn't have been playing. What good does it do? No doubt will be tired today as well. Also risks for injury as well when you're tired.
The good it does is gives us a better chance of winning.

everything from the gophers just seems to be “one more”. It always seems like it’s one more pass for the perfect shot. One more pick handle. They then get closed in on and the whole play is gone.

Score? Working in an area where I can't get coverage. or audio.

Let's just hope that it was because of SCSU playing style and a bit of fatigue that stymied the Gophers high powered offense. Back to the B1G next week with a trip to South Bend.

The Gophers compete level was as high as I've seen in person. They won a lot of puck battles tonight. Fast and feisty. Fun game to be at, especially with a satisfying ending.

Was at that game as well when he was signing. My best memory from 2003 win was Vanek showing up with a few other players with the Natty trophy at Hogs Breath in Little Canada soon after winning it. They all drank for free. He was 19.
My buddy and I were playing darts at the Library during his freshman year. He bumped into my buddy, apologized, and put a drink for both of us on his tab

Fun weekend of hockey, even if I am a little disappointed with the results. SCSU clearly were determined to slow the games down and play Mankato style hockey. To their credit they did a good job of it. I think our top line was either fatigued, rusty, or just a little off their game, despite the heroics from Cooley. Overall I think we played much better on Sunday. I feel no better or worse about our team after this weekend and still strongly believe that we are on the short list of national contenders this year.

Side note, while I've been critical of him at times, I gotta tip my hat to Close for a very strong weekend, allowing just 2 goals - both very good goals. If he plays at this level all year I think we hang #6.

Top Bottom