3-1 and Down

We're Comin'

Reaction score
A little depressed tonight, despite being 3-1. Cobb looked awesome, the run blocking looked great, and the defense was solid again. But we still looked bad.

Between the injuries, the freshman playing and the very limited offense, it doesn't feel like a winner season.

Let's hope we qualify for a bowl.

People are over reacting Gophers will make a bowl easily. I quite frankily think the gophers will finish the season 7 to 8 wins if we get a QB in there that can make a few passes and Kill can open his playbook for the Big Ten which he will just like last year. People are getting to down on them already and they looked exactly same last year in their first 4 games. Nothing but running and no passing "Looks like where are going to have another bad year." Well guess things changed we got a consistent QB for atleast a few games which was Nelson who did a few games in which he became alright. I think that will happen between Leidner and Streveler this year and I personally think it will be Streveler. We don't know how good he can be with an open passing playbook where we cant run every play. I am still not even judging Leidner yet until he is completely healthy and is also playing on a expanded playbook with way more passing. We did get a little glimpse of how he is at TCU but he was injured, Cobb was injured, and hell half of our o line was injured during that game giving him Leidner limited time to throw so I am still waiting and I am thinking this is a season like last year. We will not get things going till later as things fall into place especially with the QB situation although I hate that it has to happen late in the season, its just the way she goes.

I was just want to say one more thing. I was very down and depressed about the way we handled Western Illinois last year. We only won 29-13 against an FCS team. I was down after that game thinking we were going to have another 6-6 season with only 2 conference wins after that game. Well guess what we turned it around and the gophers improved and it will happen against this year as the season progresses. Maybe not an 8 win season, but at least an improvement that would lock us in a bowl game with maybe 3 or 4 conference wins.

Top Bottom