2nd and 3rd string QBs

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I haven't really seen a back-up QB this year. Who would be 2nd and 3rd on the depth charts. I am sure Morgan will be back next year because he hasn't helped his draft stock this year. Just wondering if there will be an open competition next year or will the job just be handed to him.

I'd guess (2) Annexstad; (3A) Jacob Clark; (3B) Kramer.

It's really hard to say though. PJ is pretty mum on that. He even was last year without Annexstad.

Depth chart will be the same as this year unless someone transfers for playing time. Unless Morgan gets hurt, he’s the QB.

I wish the Gophers would put in the back-up whenever the game is out of hand .. either winning or losing. P.J. seems to keep his starters in too long during those situations. It would be nice to get them game experience.

I wish the Gophers would put in the back-up whenever the game is out of hand .. either winning or losing. P.J. seems to keep his starters in too long during those situations. It would be nice to get them game experience.
Except it’s harder to sell the no experience youngest team in America excuse if you actually play those guys.

Yeah I agree Galty. Think whomever is told they’re #4 is gone.
My guess is there will be a lot of players looking to transfer to different teams this year. Far more folks looking for a new team than there will be open slots. It'd actually be good for the gophers if we lost a few fourth strings so we could open up more spots.

I’ve heard it’s (2) Kramer; (3) Annexstad; (4) Clark.

Be prepared for 1 if not 2 transfers from that group.

It is pretty astounding to see that Kramer, who came in as an Eden Prairie system (non throwing QB) QB, expected to be an "athlete" with position TBD actually developed enough to supplant the other two. He just have earned it, so good for him. I can only assume he would be more of a real dual threat to to keep the ball than Morgan is, if he ever becomes the #1 down the road.

It is pretty astounding to see that Kramer, who came in as an Eden Prairie system (non throwing QB) QB, expected to be an "athlete" with position TBD actually developed enough to supplant the other two. He just have earned it, so good for him. I can only assume he would be more of a real dual threat to to keep the ball than Morgan is, if he ever becomes the #1 down the road.

I’d bet a fair amount of money that Kramer never starts consistently for the Gophers as their QB.

I’d bet a fair amount of money that Kramer never starts consistently for the Gophers as their QB.

I tend to agree and wonder how he possibly could be #2, if that is in fact true. I know he came into the game last year at Iowa in the fourth Quarter when Morgan was injured.

The incoming freshman QB is highly rated. Any chance he jumps the pecking order ? He’s our highest rated QB by far of the 5.
But ya, be surprising if all 5 are here in the fall.
Is he coming in winter semester?

Supposedly Kramer is the best athlete of the 4 and is a true dual threat QB.

I tend to agree and wonder how he possibly could be #2, if that is in fact true. I know he came into the game last year at Iowa in the fourth Quarter when Morgan was injured.

i don’t think he is ahead of Annexstad and Athan is coming in. Maybe a great kid, good teammate type. If he rises to the top, awesome. Gophers have used schollys in many lesser players.

i don’t think he is ahead of Annexstad and Athan is coming in. Maybe a great kid, good teammate type. If he rises to the top, awesome. Gophers have used schollys in many lesser players.
Be prepared to be surprised.

We don’t do that. We even run Mo into the ground when the outcome had been decided.

It does not hurt that his grandpa was the AD for the gophers and big alum. I do not believe he had another offer out of HS.

He should’ve put in more backups against Illinois.

but at that point the team hadn’t won yet...so I see whyhe didn’t

It does not hurt that his grandpa was the AD for the gophers and big alum. I do not believe he had another offer out of HS.
He also committed 2 years before starting college. I'm sure he would have had more offers. He was a solid 3 star recruit.

They are betting on the 2021 QB, he has been their guy for 2-3 years, they gave up an offer for his brother who has a learning issue. The QB has not played for two years, he broke his collar bone last year. Annestad, Clark, it will be interesting.

They are betting on the 2021 QB, he has been their guy for 2-3 years, they gave up an offer for his brother who has a learning issue. The QB has not played for two years, he broke his collar bone last year. Annestad, Clark, it will be interesting.
So you are saying people with learning disabilities shouldn't go to college?

Morgan is tough as nails and a true leader. You can't question his toughness. That said, this is football and things happen. Not exactly thrilled about having someone who hasn't seen game action in 2 years (or 3 in ZA's case) being one bad break away from being the QB.

Top Bottom