+28.5 point underdogs, Gophers biggest spread difference since 2018

I checked two other sites that had OSU favored by 27.5 & 28. so 28.5 is the highest I've seen - but the over/under was also 49 on the other sites.

so calling for OSU to win something like 39-10 (or 40-10 if you're betting the over).

Gopher will score. I don’t know if there will be a single stop

51-14
One of the two touchdowns in garbage time
depends how rapidly osu wants to run clock and when they put in the backups. easier play is to take any OSU RB you can over their rushing yards prop, especially if the LBs are the same as last week. Could easily be a 42-0 type game if OSU just wants to pound the rock and stay healthy for Michigan.

Four 11am games and we still get the afternoon slot at 3pm on BTN.

Gotta take the over. There is something odd going on with the Gopher D. Not sure what, but the play against a Purdue was unprepared from the outset.

Gotta take the over. There is something odd going on with the Gopher D. Not sure what, but the play against a Purdue was unprepared from the outset.
Not having any of your starting linebackers against a spread no huddle offense is what happened. And our starters haven’t been that good against the No huddle

"It marks the biggest point spread for difference Minnesota since they were (+29.5) point underdogs the last time they played in Columbus (2018)."

29.5 (2018) down to 28.5 (2023). Heading in the right direction. gROWth!

I don't bet, but I should bet on that one. There is ZERO chance we stay within 4 tds. Defense is middle tier and offense is bottom tier. Special Teams is god awful except for a great kicker.

depends how rapidly osu wants to run clock and when they put in the backups. easier play is to take any OSU RB you can over their rushing yards prop, especially if the LBs are the same as last week. Could easily be a 42-0 type game if OSU just wants to pound the rock and stay healthy for Michigan.
I’m thinking the line is light.

OSU wants all the style points they can get at this point.

Not having any of your starting linebackers against a spread no huddle offense is what happened. And our starters haven’t been that good against the No huddle
Yeah, we have tended to start a little slow on D but when Mav went out fairly early in the game we were in a really tough spot and Purdue was able to exploit the true freshman.

Yeah, we have tended to start a little slow on D but when Mav went out fairly early in the game we were in a really tough spot and Purdue was able to exploit the true freshman.
Painfully. We always seem to play bad in the 1st drive or two

And then we adjust
But when you are rolling out the JV it’s hard to make adjustments
Lack of roster depth really showing.

Offensively same thing with Nubin as RB. Just no big play ability. Can’t break free into space and can’t break a tackle.
Roster is cooked this year. Has to be fixed next year.

"It marks the biggest point spread for difference Minnesota since they were (+29.5) point underdogs the last time they played in Columbus (2018)."

29.5 (2018) down to 28.5 (2023). Heading in the right direction. gROWth!
At least in 2018 the gophers were down less than touchdown going into the 4th. It was a relatively fun day in Columbus to be playing them quite even.

I don't bet, but if I did, I'd be wrong more often than usual. But I'd put money on the Gophers this week.

OSU's offense isn't THAT prolific. We've played OSU tough in other years where we should have been boat-raced (2018 with Robb Smith was 14-30 in a game that felt closer than that).

If Cody Lindenberg and Darius Taylor are back, I feel a lot better about this game.

This is also a potential let down spot for OSU with Michigan the following week.

I don't bet, but if I did, I'd be wrong more often than usual. But I'd put money on the Gophers this week.

OSU's offense isn't THAT prolific. We've played OSU tough in other years where we should have been boat-raced (2018 with Robb Smith was 14-30 in a game that felt closer than that).

If Cody Lindenberg and Darius Taylor are back, I feel a lot better about this game.

This is also a potential let down spot for OSU with Michigan the following week.
Maybe my bar is set ultra low, but I'll be happy if Harrison Jr. doesn't make this his Heisman trophy statement game.

Only 28.5 points? The Odds makers are giving out holiday gifts early!

The Gophers have zero chance of winning this game, but can they keep it close???

OSU can just name the score here. If they want to win 63-0, they certainly can do it. This will get nasty if OSU wants to do it. No way would I take the Gophers to cover 28 points here - I don't want to watch it, but I probably will for at least as long as I can take it.

At least Mase's teams had a chance to win. None here.......

The Gophers have zero chance of winning this game, but can they keep it close???

OSU can just name the score here. If they want to win 63-0, they certainly can do it. This will get nasty if OSU wants to do it. No way would I take the Gophers to cover 28 points here - I don't want to watch it, but I probably will for at least as long as I can take it.

The answer is No.

There is no amount of motivation, self-esteem building or good thoughts that can turnaround this team, with a defense that gave up 600 yards to Purdue and an offense that would rather RUTM to manage Time Of Possession, from getting beat like a mule rented by the Buckeyes. None. Zip. Zero.

The Buckeyes won't get tired getting to 60 points in this game, while the Gophers will be exhausted just running their first four possessions which will all be three-and-outs.

If the Buckeyes hang over 98 points on the Gophers, it will be proof that players have stopped listening to PJ and started listening to NIL offers.

The team I saw play during the last two weeks are sitting ducks who refuse to do better, for whatever reasons, and that spells disaster.

I'm afraid that the Buckeyes will use the Gopher game as a tune up game for Michigan.

The answer is No.

There is no amount of motivation, self-esteem building or good thoughts that can turnaround this team, with a defense that gave up 600 yards to Purdue and an offense that would rather RUTM to manage Time Of Possession, from getting beat like a mule rented by the Buckeyes. None. Zip. Zero.

The Buckeyes won't get tired getting to 60 points in this game, while the Gophers will be exhausted just running their first four possessions which will all be three-and-outs.

If the Buckeyes hang over 98 points on the Gophers, it will be proof that players have stopped listening to PJ and started listening to NIL offers.

The team I saw play during the last two weeks are sitting ducks who refuse to do better, for whatever reasons, and that spells disaster.
This is a game as a Gopher fan I may skip watching. This could be 1980's Nebraska like 84-10 beat down or wipe out. Gophers are likely getting posterized on Sports Center by big or top 10 plays. This seems like it is set up for the Gophers to get torn a new one. Buckeyes will be chomping at the bit to show off and score for style points. For those that like the Gophers chances or bet on Gophers you are brave.

Last edited:

This is still the betting line hours before kickoff! How tempting is it to take the over and OSU ats? This game has the feel of a Michigan game type score. Unless PJ decides to keep running the ball no matter how far down the Gophers are, I can't see how the game is within four scores and OSU likely covers the over by themselves.Screenshot_20231117-221753.png

I agree with your last sentence but the Gophers might stay within 28.5. OSU's average margin of victory this season is 22.1 points. Michigan's is 31.5.

Last edited:

I wouldn’t bet unless I saw injury report. But if everyone played I feel confident gophers keep it within 30

Top Bottom