247: College football rankings Top 25 coaches entering season (25. PJ Fleck: "Fleck's star will shine significantly bright if Gophers can win BTW)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Brad:

25. PJ Fleck, Minnesota

24. Dave Clawson, Wake Forest

23. Sam Pittman, Arkansas

247Sports' Take: Fleck's star will shine significantly bright in his Golden Gophers are able to win the Big Ten West this season, but three bowl wins over his first five years at Minnesota are impressive and everyone remembers his 13-1 campaign at Western Michigan in 2016.

Go Gophers!!

Luke Fickell is in the same place Frosty was a few years ago. Can't say that his move to a power five has worked out that well.

Luke Fickell is in the same place Frosty was a few years ago. Can't say that his move to a power five has worked out that well.

Fickell has 5 years as HC at Cincinnati + one year as interim at OSU, in which time he built Cincinnati up from a rough spot into a national contender. Frost coached 2 years at UCF where he had a significant talent advantage over his opponents. Not an apples to apples comparison.

Wasn't trying to make a apples-to-apples comparison. Frosty made the jump to a Power 5 school off an impressive winning season. Fickell had an impressive season and decided to sign an extension. Did you read the content from 247 above about Fickell?

Wasn't trying to make a apples-to-apples comparison. Frosty made the jump to a Power 5 school off an impressive winning season. Fickell had an impressive season and decided to sign an extension. Did you read the content from 247 above about Fickell?
I didn't before commenting, but just went and read now and I guess I'm not sure what Frost has to do with anything.

Top Bottom