247 Big Ten Predictions 2023 (MN 2023 schedule predictions (8-4, 6-3))

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score

Has us beating the Huskers and Badgers, but losing to Captain Kirk, because … the Iowa monkey simply can’t be shaken from PJ’s back. Even the laziest bloggers at 247 Sports know it.

Minnesota

2023 schedule predictions (8-4, 6-3): Nebraska (Win), Eastern Michigan (Win), at UNC (Loss), at Northwestern (Win), Louisiana (Win), Michigan (Loss), at Iowa (Loss), Michigan State (Win), Illinois (Win), at Purdue (Win), at Ohio State (Loss), Wisconsin (Win)

The skinny: The Big Ten West is a three-team race this fall and Minnesota is one of those programs with a shot to win it. However, among those candidates vying for supremacy at the top, the Golden Gophers also have the toughest road to get there with a campaign culminating with showdowns against Ohio State and Wisconsin. If they're able to win both of those, chances are high P.J. Fleck gets to Indianapolis.

Go Gophers!!

That would be a great season. (That I would be disappointed about at the end of the season)

At least 3 of the 4 losses would be too top 15 teams (I think UNC will be a 10+ win team if they get through non conference unbeaten)

4 winning big ten seasons in 5 years (with Covid being the 1)
First time this would have happened since 65-69

27-17 5 year big ten record (61%)
Best 5 year winning percentage in conference since 1964-1968

40-18 (69%) best 5 year winning percentage since 1940-1944

I'm guessing KFAN would label an 8-4 record in 2023 as being "mediocre". So would some Gopher Holers, I'd wager.

Just my opinion.

8-4 (6-3) would be a very successful season considering that we have a first year starting QB and play both perennial BT NC contenders.

9-3 (5-2) possible if we can finally defeat Iowa and then beat the Badgers, too. Will take a great team, and a great coaching effort, as we rarely beat those two in the same season. Last time, I think, was in the prior Millennium.

Last edited:

9-3 (5-2) possible if we can finally defeat Iowa and then beat the Badgers, too. Will take a great team, and a great coaching effort, as we rarely beat those two in the same season. Last time, I think, was in the prior Millennium.
That would be really good too.
If this team is good enough to go 9-3
They’ll go 10-2

Let's not concede NC before we get there.

The early games will be crap shoots simply due to shaking the rust off from the offseason. Take down Nebraska and UNC and this can be a special season. Even if we lose one or both of those games, eight wins is still attainable. I have unshakable faith in the capabilities of our Defensive unit, from the coaches through the backups. I'm very optimistic about our offense.

If Gophs are good enough to go 6-3 in conference, I believe they will go 9-3.

If Gophs are good enough to go 6-3 in conference, I believe they will go 9-3.
Always can lose a random game. But if gophers are good enough to go 6-3 in conference, they’re also good enough to go 10-2 (7-2)

I consulted with Priestess Miriam Chamani who also projected 8- 4 season for the Gophers. After a $25 tip she added, 28-14 win over Ole Miss in the 2023 ReliaQuest (Outback) Bowl!

Top Bottom