#23 in coaches poll

I guessed 23

Guessed 22 until Kansas state beat Oklahoma.

I thought coaches we were more likely to be higher than AP
So I bet 23 there too

But K state unranked so I don’t know what I’m talking about

:LOL:
Edit (SEC coaches not the problem): Who exactly are these coaches being polled and how many of them are from the corruption that is the SEC?

Not a surprising result in the least, yet still laughable all the same.

Last edited:

That is criminally low. The major boon to being ranked is you appear in the tickers at the bottom of the screen, and you appear in the top of the scores when people look them up on the internet. Just more exposure to non-Minnesotans.

I agree…too low….oh well….they will ALL see!

Some of the teams in front of us include Arkansas, BYU, Texas A&M and Wake Forest, all 3-1. I know SOS comes into play, but still. Whatever, just keep winning.

Beat the Boilers and we will be ranked higher. Period.

This could be bulletin board material for most teams but we're told this does not matter to our Beloved Gophers...:p

Who exactly are these coaches being polled and how many of them are from the corruption that is the SEC?

the coaches who vote are listed just below the poll

I guessed 23

Guessed 22 until Kansas state beat Oklahoma.

I thought coaches we were more likely to be higher than AP
So I bet 23 there too

But K state unranked so I don’t know what I’m talking about

Other way around. Coaches poll tends to lag the AP.

Who exactly are these coaches being polled and how many of them are from the corruption that is the SEC?

Unless I counted wrong, only 4 SEC coaches cast votes out of the 64 coaches who participate.
Smart, Saben, Napier and Pittman.

Big10 coaches who vote are Allen, Chryst, Franklin, Fitzgerald, Locklsy, Schiano and Tucker.

No SEC bias here, at least not directly from those current SEC head coaches.

Unless I counted wrong, only 4 SEC coaches cast votes out of the 64 coaches who participate.

Big10 coaches who vote are Allen, Chryst, Franklin, Fitzgerald, Locklsy, Schiano and Tucker.

Well, at least we know Tucker probably voted for us as a Top 10 team 😂

So in this poll, the SEC teams continue to be elevated, and it’s not the SEC themselves doing it. Seeing some of the teams listed above the Gophers or right next to them (Syracuse, really??) seems like a joke.

That’s not true, it depends on the year and the team.

Well.....specifically in the case of the Gophers.....the coaches poll has had us lower all year. Also had MSU still ranked while the AP dropped them.

“…better to be seen, even if not heard…” only 4 games into what has been a soft schedule to date. “Mission accomplished so far…” 3-0 ooc and 1-0 in Big Ten play. Beat the stinking Boiler, Gopher. Great seasons are built one win at a time!

Well.....specifically in the case of the Gophers.....the coaches poll has had us lower all year. Also had MSU still ranked while the AP dropped them.
That’s why I assumed we would get more respect in the coaches. According to AP we beat an unranked team
According to coaches we beat a top 25 team

I think it’s perfect, in terms of a motivational tool. It’s better to be disrespected than overrated. Just keep winning.

How. I h time does a college coach have to scrutinize this? Far less than most of us😃

JUST WIN BABY

“…better to be seen, even if not heard…” only 4 games into what has been a soft schedule to date. “Mission accomplished so far…” 3-0 ooc and 1-0 in Big Ten play. Beat the stinking Boiler, Gopher. Great seasons are built one win at a time!
Great to see you posting Wren. Enjoy the year!!!

Top Bottom