22 Observations of Minnesota Gophers WBB Team Going into 2022

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
https://jrallstar.com/2021/12/free-...minnesota-gophers-wbb-going-into-2022-part-1/

Two-Part Article, with 11 positives and 11 areas of opportunity. This is Part 1, its free and doesn't require a subscription.

"The 21-22 season opened for the Gopher Women’s basketball team with high expectations and a roster full of high-level players ready to make their mark. Entering the holiday break, the team is sporting a 7-7 record, including a 0-2 record in the Big Ten. After a jam-packed first couple of months that include impressive wins, entertaining close-loses and elevating players, I give my 22 impressions of the team, including 11 positives to date and 11 areas of opportunity for the team to hit the ground running in 2022." ......

https://jrallstar.com/2021/12/free-...minnesota-gophers-wbb-going-into-2022-part-1/

Two-Part Article, with 11 positives and 11 areas of opportunity. This is Part 1, its free and doesn't require a subscription.

"The 21-22 season opened for the Gopher Women’s basketball team with high expectations and a roster full of high-level players ready to make their mark. Entering the holiday break, the team is sporting a 7-7 record, including a 0-2 record in the Big Ten. After a jam-packed first couple of months that include impressive wins, entertaining close-loses and elevating players, I give my 22 impressions of the team, including 11 positives to date and 11 areas of opportunity for the team to hit the ground running in 2022." ......
Refreshing to focus on the positive. Lyndsey has a BIG job as a coach.

https://jrallstar.com/2021/12/free-...minnesota-gophers-wbb-going-into-2022-part-2/

Here is part 2 to the 22 observations. This is the 11 "areas of opportunity" part

"Defense for 40 minutes/Full Game

When discussing the close losses and possibility of breaking through, the Gophers will need to cut out the lapses that seem to bite them in games. They go two- or three-minute stretches of struggling to score or loose defense and the opponent gets going from behind the arc or get out on the fast break and before you know it, the deficit is double figures. Continuing to work on minimizing those lapses and knowing how to stop runs could help the team turns those hard-fought losses into impressive and season-building wins."

11 Positives:

– Sara Scalia has reached next level

Coming into the season, Sara was probably the most lethal 3-point shooter on the team. Well not only has she taken her shooting to another level but her entire game has taken a step-forward. She has probably been the most productive and reliable player offensively so far this season. Her elite-level play was highlighted by a record-setting 37-point, 9-3-pointer game against Ohio. Averaging 15.4 points a game, she is likely to hit her career 1,000th point late in the Big Ten season in 2022.

Top Bottom