#21 in AP

Just interesting - WA is 4-0 and #15 after beating MSU at home by a 11. MN is 4-0 and #21 by spanking MSU on the road by 24. It’s early in the season to gauge either team, but I watched both teams play the same opponent and MN was clearly superior to WA as well.

Just interesting - WA is 4-0 and #15 after beating MSU at home by a 11. MN is 4-0 and #21 by spanking MSU on the road by 24. It’s early in the season to gauge either team, but I watched both teams play the same opponent and MN was clearly superior to WA as well.
Doesn't bother me. We're going to beat Purdue this week, which on paper isn't a move up the charts win. Yet, we'll be around 15 next week. What matters is where we are when the BCS rankings come out.

From 33 to 21. Sounds about right. Particularly considering how far back they started in the first week. That's really where the problem is. They were ranked too damn low to begin with. That said then moving-up from 33 to 21 sounds about right.

Any idea how many teams dropped out of the Top 25?

From 33 to 21. Sounds about right. Particularly considering how far back they started in the first week. That's really where the problem is. They were ranked too damn low to begin with. That said then moving-up from 33 to 21 sounds about right.

Any idea how many teams dropped out of the Top 25?
Coaches: Dropped from rankings: Texas 19, Michigan State 21, Florida 22, Miami 25

AP: Dropped from rankings: Florida 20, Texas 22, Miami 25

Doesn't bother me. We're going to beat Purdue this week, which on paper isn't a move up the charts win. Yet, we'll be around 15 next week. What matters is where we are when the BCS rankings come out.
That comes out Nov. 1. We need to run the table and definitely beat PSU. If PSU can beat Michigan and we beat PSU after their hangover win. We have a good shot at being top 6 in the first CFP rankings. The game I’m most concerned about is Illinois.

You forget Washington has a win over Kent state who almost tied Georgia for a half

Beat Purdue and Illinois. The game at Penn St. then determines if the Gophers enter the top 10.

Neither Purdue nor Illnois, if healthy, will be easy games.

That comes out Nov. 1. We need to run the table and definitely beat PSU. If PSU can beat Michigan and we beat PSU after their hangover win. We have a good shot at being top 6 in the first CFP rankings. The game I’m most concerned about is Illinois.
Let down Look ahead spot for Penn State with us sandwiched between Michigan and Ohio State. Atmosphere will be great though

Still behind 7 1-loss teams, and behind Washington by 6 spots even with a more dominate performance on the road vs a common opponent.

The number of 1-loss teams ranked above zero loss teams makes this week's poll look a bit schizoid. Most of those 1-loss teams have crappy resume`s too. It's going to take a couple more weeks of conference play for everything to sort out.

The AP is doing the PAC12 a favor by ranking Utah and Oregon so high.

Coaches: Dropped from rankings: Texas 19, Michigan State 21, Florida 22, Miami 25

AP: Dropped from rankings: Florida 20, Texas 22, Miami 25
FddPYPaXoAEQs72

You did something the voters don't "watched both teams" LOL

Really watched any football, at all.

Colley Matrix, which infamously gave the 2017 national title to UCF, likes us and Iowa about equally

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-164843.png
    Screenshot_20220925-164843.png
    987.6 KB · Views: 17

The number of 1-loss teams ranked above zero loss teams makes this week's poll look a bit schizoid. Most of those 1-loss teams have crappy resume`s too. It's going to take a couple more weeks of conference play for everything to sort out.
One thing that bothers me about college football is that some people prefer teams with 3 good wins and 3 losses to teams with 1 good win and 1 loss.

I think my first criteria for ranking teams would be number of losses, then quality wins, then eye test.

I feel like most voters go:
1) previous reputation
2) eye test in games you happen to watch
3) are you in the SEC?
4) quality wins
5) number of losses

The record of you opponents in games where they don’t play you should matter than the record of your opponents when they play you.

Top Bottom