2026 Recruiting

Providence Academy beat Benilde on Saturday 85-63. Greenway with 40. Michigan-bound Olson with 6. Interested in any Greenway and Olson details/analyses from anyone in attendance.

Olson left the game with an apparent Hand injury. unknown the severity of it.

Maddyn was Maddyn. Scored at will. Dropped impressive dimes, played with relentless energy all game long. She is making a strong case for herself to the looked at as the best player in the entire state.

Providence Academy beat Benilde on Saturday 85-63. Greenway with 40. Michigan-bound Olson with 6. Interested in any Greenway and Olson details/analyses from anyone in attendance.

With Kendall McGee out presumably for the season due to an ACL injury she sustained at the state tournament last year, other Benilde players will have to step up if they want to win. The team needs a game plan in case Olivia doesn't play or has to leave a game (in this case due to injury).

We're going to see.big numbers out of Greenway again this high school season because of the small school she plays for and the lack of competition in that size of school. Providence has a few big school teams that should be good on their schedule, let's see what numbers she can put up against them. She doesn't share the ball with her teammates so she'll do most of the scoring.

With Kendall McGee out presumably for the season due to an ACL injury she sustained at the state tournament last year, other Benilde players will have to step up if they want to win. The team needs a game plan in case Olivia doesn't play or has to leave a game (in this case due to injury).

We're going to see.big numbers out of Greenway again this high school season because of the small school she plays for and the lack of competition in that size of school. Providence has a few big school teams that should be good on their schedule, let's see what numbers she can put up against them. She doesn't share the ball with her teammates so she'll do most of the scoring.
Okay a few things to address here..

First of all. She put up 40 in her team's win against Hopkins last year. Providence always plays one of the toughest schedules in the entire state. So Maddyn puts up impressive numbers against the best of the best in the entire state.

Secondly, you must have never ACTUALLY watched her play when you make a ridiculous comment like "she doesn't share the ball" Seriously one of the most ignorant things I have seen on this board.

Last edited:

Okay a few things to address here..

First of all. She put up 40 in her team's win against Hopkins last year. Providence always plays one of the toughest schedules in the entire state. So Maddyn puts up impressive numbers against the best of the best in the entire state.

Secondly, you much have never ACTUALLY watched her play when you make a ridiculous comment like "she doesn't share the ball" Seriously one of the most ignorant things I have seen on this board.

I have seen her play a few times including this weekend and that is exactly what I have seen during the high school season. Let's talk about that Hopkins game. 16 of those points were free throws (which was impressive...16/16) and there were plenty of complaints that the refs were bailing her out a lot. But the rest of that box score just makes my point...she shot 12 of 24 from the field and the entire rest of her team only took 35 shots combined. Look at any other game last year and you still similar stats.

I have seen her play a few times including this weekend and that is exactly what I have seen during the high school season. Let's talk about that Hopkins game. 16 of those points were free throws (which was impressive...16/16) and there were plenty of complaints that the refs were bailing her out a lot. But the rest of that box score just makes my point...she shot 12 of 24 from the field and the entire rest of her team only took 35 shots combined. Look at any other game last year and you still similar stats.
Okay so to make sure I have you correct. A guard going against one of the most historically good programs that is AAAA compared to AA where Providence plays went 100% on free-throws and I'm not a math wizard... but 12/24 is FIFTY PERCENT from the field. So a guard who has the ball in her hands as much as maddyn does, with all defensive attention on her against Power five loaded Hopkins shot 50%...led her team to arguably one of the biggest victories in it's history outside of their state championships and she shot too much?

This doesn't take into account Hopkins game plan was stop the others as they thought 5 could beat 1 (ask their coaches if you would like) or the fact that against defense like Hopkins Maddyn is the probably the best or one of the only capable at creating open looks or spacing against their pressure.

and now let's talk about why she is deemed a ball hog. Do we feel the same about Aaliyah Crump? Addi Mack? Olivia Olson? Mya Wilson? Now I am not saying ANY OF THEM (including maddyn) are anywhere near ball hogs. They are the best of the best in the state. But they take just as many forced shots or contested shots that maddyn does.

So this weekend, not sure what you were watching, but maddyn, even with team trailing or nip and tuck in their games was making the right read, kicking out to shooters, looking or drop down to post players and actively encouraging her teammates to shoot the ball.

Lastly to bring this back to the gophers.... doesn't the top player usually take the most shots on a team? Rachel Banham, Carlie Wagner, KeKe Bell, Amanda Zauhi B. Whalen, Mccarville all usually took the most shots during their years. weird concept.

One last little nugget... she led the state in assists last year. But yes... shoots too much :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I believe Maddyn is a great player. I also have thought she gets bailed out a lot and on the opposite end doesn’t get called. She is very active with the referees. I would like to watch some of her AAU games if I’m being honest. See how she plays with other very good players on both sides of the court. I have not seen any yet.

Video of Maddyn's game yesterday. She finished with 43 points, 13 rebounds and TEN...yes TEN assists. But remember...shoots too much and doesn't pass.

I was surprised Providence won that game…. They are more legit than I want them to be. Not good for 2A basketball…..they could win 5 years in a row…..

I am hopeful Maddyn chooses The Gophers with success on the horizon and a solid coach. Also, can’t hurt that her dad is helping the U significantly with NIL

With Greenway the dad being so liked by Viking Nation, it would be a huge program changer for Minnesota.

I mean, star player Maddyn Greenway is the biggest attention getter but then add to that the Greenway name.

I am hopeful Maddyn chooses The Gophers with success on the horizon and a solid coach. Also, can’t hurt that her dad is helping the U significantly with NIL
Hadn't heard this before. Is this true? if so what is he doing?

Video of Maddyn's game yesterday. She finished with 43 points, 13 rebounds and TEN...yes TEN assists. But remember...shoots too much and doesn't pass.
Thank you! I hadn't seen her play yet. I am impressed by her.

Maddyn Greenway
No. 17 ESPNW
Providence Academy

Greenway is a 5-8 point guard with some serious range on her 3. She is relentlessly competitive and her motor on the floor is impressive. She has added some footwork and shake to her game this year, which makes her a more dangerous scoring threat. She is fearless attacking the rim and has a quick trigger from outside while her added quickness and athleticism are helping her defensively. She is averaging (through 13 games) 32.4 points. 8 rebounds, 6.4 assists, and 4.6 steals per game while shooting 81% from the free throw line and 32% from the 3. Her recruitment includes schools from coast-to-coast and all the major conferences.

Known offers for 2026 Class

Offered/In-State:

Maddyn Greenway,
5’9 G, Providence Academy (ESPN Terrific 25-#16)

Tori Oehrlein, 6’0 G, Crosby-Ironton

Out of State Offers:

Olivia Vukosa,
6’4 P, Christ the King HS (NY) (ESPN Terrific 25- #2)

Saniyah Hall, 5’10 G, Laurel HS (OH) (ESPN Terrific 25- #3)

Addison Bjorn, 6’0 G, Park Hill South (MO) (ESPN Terrific 25-#8)

Jayla Williams, 5’10 G/W, Ankeny HS (IA)

Ariyana Cradle, 5’8 G, Westerville South HS (OH)

LeeLee Bell, 6’1 W/F, Minot HS (ND)

Ellie Muller, 6’2 F, Dowling Catholic (IA)

Ashlyn Koupal, 6’3 F, Wagner HS (SD)

There could be more that are not publicly posted. Other names to keep an eye on (locally) would be

-Lanelle Wright
-Kate Amelotte
-Cail Jahnke
-Jayci Rath
-Tucker Downs
-Audrey Shindelar

Ashlyn Koupal...strong ties to University of South Dakota. won't shock me if she commits to USD.
she would be a great get for that program.

Top Bottom