2025 Recruiting

Grocholski must be enjoying her experience since she and Christian played AAU together

Depth Chart.JPG

Here is the updated Depth Chart with the Makena commit.

From Left to right it goes This Year- Next Year- Year after.

As can be seen, as of right now, two available spots left for next year and year after. meaning either 2 spots for 2024, and 2 spots for 2025 classes or mixture of that with Portal players.

View attachment 30217

As can be seen, as of right now, two available spots left for next year and year after. meaning either 2 spots for 2024, and 2 spots for 2025 classes or mixture of that with Portal players.
Isn’t Sophie a true Junior? So she would only have 1 years of eligibility left?

Looks like she is heading to Maryland - was hoping Coach P would be able to get this WI kid. With how the season is going and the injuries selling MN has to be hard.
They were on track to make the tournament before Braun got hurt, correct?

So why would that dissuade a recruit?

Last edited:

View attachment 30217

I see a spot open there for Maddyn Greenway. Looks like a Sweet 16 team that year at least.

Okay some things to address:

Maddyn Greenway is a 2026... those depth charts are the two years before she heads to college. As of right now..it is looking like there is 6 available scholarships for the class of 2026. that is the make or break class possibly for Dawn and this staff.

Technically school wise Sophie is a junior but left midyear and hardly played- coaches will push and request an additional year so like Sophie will leave at same time as Braun, Battle, and Heyer.

As listed, looks like 2025 is Sweet 16 at least, absolutely. Greenway not included.

Now I am a bit confused. I thought Greenway wants immediate playing time. I thought that was going to land when the Braun et al group is here. If she is 2026 then obviously the spot is her's if they are gone. My mistake. And I assume she is a very hard to get player, nothing implied getting her except Gophers are in the mix.

Now go get Crump. That would get this class into big time territory.

My guess, from various clues, is that Crump is interested in a school elsewhere. Another hunch is that Greenway odds are better.

And now Makena Christian is a really good get. Maybe will help lure Greenway?

I would lose the idea of Crump/Gophers ever happening. Not to beat around the bush...it's dead on arrival. Not happening.

Maddyn I also wouldn't hold my breath for. She visited and does enjoy this staff but I am thinking she is looking elsewhere. Now this could change, but I don't think she is seriously considering them or at least not as much as others.

2026 Tori Oehrlein is very much considering them but I have heard they are not the favorites at this time (once again that could change)

While 2026 is the class the bridge between 22s leaving and the next generation of players, I would keep eyes on 2027 top-rated Mya Wilson (Hill-Murray/North Tartan) and top two 2028s Ari Peterson (Providence/North Tartan) and Chloe Johnson (Duluth Marshall/All Iowa Attack) as very much in play for the gophers and this staff.

I would lose the idea of Crump/Gophers ever happening. Not to beat around the bush...it's dead on arrival. Not happening.

Maddyn I also wouldn't hold my breath for. She visited and does enjoy this staff but I am thinking she is looking elsewhere. Now this could change, but I don't think she is seriously considering them or at least not as much as others.

2026 Tori Oehrlein is very much considering them but I have heard they are not the favorites at this time (once again that could change)

While 2026 is the class the bridge between 22s leaving and the next generation of players, I would keep eyes on 2027 top-rated Mya Wilson (Hill-Murray/North Tartan) and top two 2028s Ari Peterson (Providence/North Tartan) and Chloe Johnson (Duluth Marshall/All Iowa Attack) as very much in play for the gophers and this staff.
What about 2030😉?

Isn’t Sophie a true Junior? So she would only have 1 years of eligibility left?
Correct, unless they get a waiver from the NCAA, which I believe Minnesota is pursuing. Mid-year transfer for lack of playing time not usually a basis for waiver.

While 2026 is the class the bridge between 22s leaving and the next generation of players, I would keep eyes on 2027 top-rated Mya Wilson (Hill-Murray/North Tartan) and top two 2028s Ari Peterson (Providence/North Tartan) and Chloe Johnson (Duluth Marshall/All Iowa Attack) as very much in play for the gophers and this
Winning will help; now we just gotta win lol

Not sure if it works this way but hoping that landing a talented guard encourages a talented big to join.

I also think there is zero chance that Aaliyah Crump even considers Minnesota. And even though Maddy Greenway isn't germane to this thread since she's a 2026, I really don't think she'll end up there.

If Minnesota is looking for a point guard, for the class of 2025 I think Addi Mack is the highest ranked player in the state who could fill that void. There are no 2025 posts who are big and talented enough to compete in a Power 5 conference so no help coming from in-state there.

I also think there is zero chance that Aaliyah Crump even considers Minnesota. And even though Maddy Greenway isn't germane to this thread since she's a 2026, I really don't think she'll end up there.

If Minnesota is looking for a point guard, for the class of 2025 I think Addi Mack is the highest ranked player in the state who could fill that void. There are no 2025 posts who are big and talented enough to compete in a Power 5 conference so no help coming from in-state there.
Actually the highest PG left would be Kendall McGee. Granted coming off an injury from last year's state tournament. However is expected back fully for AAU this year and is the 3rd rated player in MN behind Crump and Ode. Brings excellent size and speed.

Would not be surprised if Madol and Dalan moved on.
Dalan I can see her transfer for playing time. She's a scorer so perhaps she will stay & compete for playing time.
Madol will get plenty of game time next year. She's the type of player we need! Long athletic defender that can score.

Top Bottom