2025 3* QB Jackson Kollack Commits

This was a really big get for Fleck and Harbaugh. We were in on Kollack early, lost him to Washington, but got back in when their coach left for Alabama. We ended up with one of our plan A guys after missing out on some guys we didn't like as much while he was committed to Washington. Pretty sweet to have things work out this way.

Excellent shoutout in The Athletic regarding his recruitment and how Fleck & company didn’t give up after his commitment to Wash.

One of the more notable recent commitments was three-star Laguna Beach (Calif.) High quarterback Jackson Kollock’s pledge to Minnesota.

Kollock, ranked No. 454 in the class, had been committed to Kalen DeBoer at Washington but reopened his commitment once that staff moved to Alabama. He recently visited San Diego State and Cal but committed to the Gophers.

“Honestly, it was their consistency,” said Kollock’s quarterback coach, Danny Hernandez, when asked of Minnesota’s pursuit. “They’ve made him a priority the entire process. Even when he was committed to UW, they still kept it friendly. They visited several times out to Laguna, and when he committed that was his second trip. He loves (P.J.) Fleck and believes in their culture. He feels at home there and they’ve all done a great job making him feel that way.”

Back in mid-March, Minnesota had yet to receive a commitment in its 2025 class. Kollock is one of three recent additions and is the centerpiece of the class at the moment. The same day Kollock committed, the Gophers flipped three-star defensive lineman Torin Pettaway from Wisconsin. Minnesota also added three-star corner Zachry Harden from Georgia. The Gophers’ class is ranked 46th nationally.

Source: https://x.com/jackson_kollock/status/1773566282203296060?s=20

247: https://247sports.com/player/jackson-kollock-46138251/

Originally committed to DeBoar at Washington, de-committed after he left. Posted a 9-2 record as a junior, getting Laguna Beach (Calif.) to the first round of the CIF Division 7 playoffs. Completed 192 of 333 passes (57.7%) for 3,174 yards with 41 TD and 5 INT. Also ran for 324 yards and 8 TD while averaging 5.5 YPC.

FYI for everyone. The Tweet will appear if you change the "x.com" to "twitter.com" before hitting post reply.

For some reason, I follow his dad on Instagram. Senior is one of those QB Coach/Guru’s. His kid does look like a player though

Top ranked dual threat in his class. Senior had a lot of ability obviously.

panicking.gif

Was pretty sure he wasn't announcing that he was going to decommit when I saw the thread pop back up. But was preparing myself for for a career-ending injury. Life of a Gopher fan.
Spoken like a true long-suffering Gopher fan.

Per Marcus:

A year ago, Laguna Beach four-star quarterback Jackson Kollock hadn’t been talking much to the Gophers because he imagined a future in the Big Ten with a different program.

The 6-4, 225-pound SoCal slinger committed to Washington last fall, but he was back on the market in January after former Huskies coach Kalen DeBoer left to take the Alabama job.

Gophers coach P.J. Fleck and offensive coordinator Greg Harbaugh Jr. made sure to lock down Kollock the second time around after a visit in the spring.

“After I committed to Minnesota, I haven’t looked back,” Kollock said. “Super stoked to be a part of that family.”

The Gophers realized how special Kollock was before he became arguably the crown jewel of their 2025 recruiting class. He’s living up to the hype with a hot start to his senior year.

After a six-touchdown performance in an opening win last month, Kollock led Laguna Beach to an upset over Santa Monica with nearly 200 total yards, including a 50-yard touchdown pass on the first play of the game.

Kollock outdueled Santa Monica junior QB Wyatt Brown, who has offers from California and Arkansas.

Go Gophers!!

With Lyndsey and Kollack on board I feel pretty good about our QB room

Gosh I’m just so pessimistic at this point. We recruited the kid from South Dakota who was gonna be THE GUY. We had the juco kid from Cali who was gonna be THE GUY. Drew Viotto was handpicked by Ciarrocca…aka THE GUY’s GUY. And this was all in the last 3 years

We just seem to have a hard time with that position

Gosh I’m just so pessimistic at this point. We recruited the kid from South Dakota who was gonna be THE GUY. We had the juco kid from Cali who was gonna be THE GUY. Drew Viotto was handpicked by Ciarrocca…aka THE GUY’s GUY. And this was all in the last 3 years

You seem to be not drinking the Kool aid.

There is a reason why so many teams are going the transfer QB route now. It is hard to identify quality QBs out of high school. It is such a massive jump from high school to college. Outside of the best of the best guys you just don't know who is going to pan out.....and heck even some of the "can't miss" prospects end up missing.

that would be Flavor Aid. the poison brew at Jonestown was mixed with Flavor Aid, a Kool-aid knockoff.

so when people use the phrase "drinking the Kool-aid," it really should be "drinking the Flavor Aid."
Any other mass murder trivia you care to share?

I’m not on your list, am I 🤞?

I’m not on your list, am I 🤞?

nope. I read stories about Jonestown when it happened, and the dark side of my brain always thought that "Flavor Aid" was funny - in a very sick and twisted way. Jones couldn't even use the good stuff - he had to go with a cheap knock-off version. then again, maybe that was all he could get in Guyana.

but I always thought that Kool-Aid got a bad rap from the deal. their brand became associated with something by mistake.

* Jeffrey Dahmer preferred using a spork and hated headcheese.

* Rodney Alcala, suspected in over 100 murders, was on The Dating Game during his killing spree (and won although the gal refused to go on the date after meeting him).

I made up the first one about Dahmer for post content filler...and besides, who doesn't love the spork (and KFC gravy)?

Despite being sentenced to the death penalty in 2010, Alcala has been pretty solid out of the Twins' bullpen.

Top Bottom