2024 Recruiting

thatjanelpick

Reaction score
Yes, the Gophers have made an offer to a player (Chloe Spreen) who, gulp, has not yet started high school. She's a 5-9 shooting guard from Indiana, who also has an offer from Michigan State.

Last edited:

"PG Alivia McGill
Hopkins High School (Minnesota)
espnW rating: Four stars

McGill came off the bench as a freshman for a loaded Hopkins team that spent the past two seasons near the top of the espnW Power Rankings. She is an aggressive guard whose energy is reminiscent of Las Vegas Aces guard Riquna Williams.

McGill, who averaged 12.8 points, 2.6 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.8 steals, can score it from all three levels and moves very well without the ball. Plus, she gives consistent effort on defense.

As she enters the summer, she is being recruited by schools such as Florida, Minnesota, North Carolina, Pitt, Boston College, Michigan and DePaul."

Unknown if currently recruiting or if she has an official offer.

Last edited:

After starting with 34 athletes on June 13, the 2021 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team roster was trimmed to 16 finalists on June 16. Following two more days of trials the 12-member team that will represent the United States at the 2021 FIBA Americas U16 Championship was finalized.

The 2021 USA U16 National Team, comprised of athletes who are 16 and under, includes: Kamorea “KK” Arnold (Germantown H.S./Germantown, Wis.); Madison Booker (Germantown H.S./Ridgeland, Miss.); Jaloni Cambridge (Ensworth H.S./Nashville, Tenn.); Breya Cunningham (La Jolla Country Day School/Chula Vista, Calif.); Jadyn Donovan (Sidwell Friends School/Upper Marlboro, Md.); Kendall Dudley (Sidwell Friends School, D.C./Manassas Park, Va.); Margaret Mendelson (Fremont H.S./North Ogden, Utah); Olivia Olson (Benilde-St. Margaret's/New Hope, Minn.); Grace Slaughter (Grain Valley H.S./Grain Valley, Mo.); Delaney Thomas (St. John's College H.S./Charles Town, W.Va.); Judea "JuJu" Watkins (Windward School/Los Angeles, Calif.); and Jada Williams (Blue Springs H.S./Blue Springs, Mo.).

Sort of cookie cutter Tweets but Olson visited both major Iowa universities this week. Same mirror image posts. Obviously going to be bigger competition than ISU and Iowa from the blue blood WBB schools. Kinda cool to have another elite level recruit only a suburb away from me again. Hopefully she'll take a lead from the Hawk's Caitlyn Clark and stay home with the Gophers. I'd obviously love to have her at ISU, my alma mater, but just don't see that happening so going to pull for her being a Gopher.

Last edited:

Loving it!! Plus getting a chance to see some of the talented players over the summer at these tournaments, you get a real feel of their talent and who is has the potential, provided they keep working on their craft, to be really good for the program. Hopefully some of these young players that the coaching staff is looking at, makes the move to say "I want to make Gophers WBB that team and take that program to the top"

Video not working just music pumping in the background, is this a subscription only video?

Video not working just music pumping in the background, is this a subscription only video?
No, it’s youtube. I’m not sure why it’s not automatically embedding like the other YouTube videos on here. Maybe because it’s a shorts video and the board software isn’t updated to handle it.

Last edited:

CD948BA9-AF77-4AE3-9201-5D09FE537CB1.jpeg
Check out who liked this post by Fournier. It’s good that Thibault is on top of things.

No, it’s youtube. I’m not sure why it’s not automatically embedding like the other YouTube videos on here. Maybe because it’s a shorts video and the board software isn’t updated to handle it.
tried on computer and worked there, just not on my phone. Thanks for posting. Pretty impressive especially for someone so young and not crazy tall. Does look like she has some nice long arms.

Another Britt Prince clip. She’s gotten a bazillion offers, so wouldn’t get your heart to set on her.

Another Britt Prince clip. She’s gotten a bazillion offers, so wouldn’t get your heart to set on her.
They would have Amaya Battle, Mara Braun, Tessa Johnson, and possibly their top 2024 target Olivia Olson ahead of her soooo probably not a big loss.

I can see an eventual backcourt of Britt and Olivia!! To get her out of Nebraska though, maybe.

Top Bottom