2024 Recruiting

I honestly believe with success the Minnesota “lid” on NIL will come off. There are a lot of companies in Minnesota and if there is a superstar player or team they are going to want the advertising. Not specifically about this recruit, but any.

Well then reel in St Michael's Tessa Johnson who went to South Carolina who gave her something like $25,000 Minnesota can't compete with.

Show me the money... and Johnson.

Maybe Dawn P could lure back Maya Nnaji for next year.
Everything I’ve read said she stopped playing to focus on her fast track med school degree. She has an entire dream career path she mentioned outside of basketball. To me that seems highly unlikely, and sounds like she’s doing other great stuff.

I have watched a lot of girls high school and AAU basketball the last few years, and have seen dozens of Lake Conference games. Personally, I think McGill reaps the benefits of the players she has around her but I don't think she's going to be able to carry Hopkins on her own next season. After Woodson quit the Metro Stars and when Nunu wasn't playing for them, they didn't have much success despite the other talent on that roster. Hopkins played in the pre-season Sweet 16 without either of them but with McGill and lost that tournament for the first time in years. McGill is fast and has some talent but I think the limits of that are going to he seen this year on the AAU circuit and next year at Hopkins because the elite cast she's had around her will be gone. I assume one of the reasons why she committed prior to the AAU season was to make sure she did it when her stock was at its highest.

Also, I don't think she was ever going to stay in Minnesota. She's going for a flashy program with lots of big personalities where she is free to be as flamboyant as she wants to be. I wish her the best in her college career. She's been a fun one to watch.
Wonder if you have watched McGill this season and have an opinion on how she has progressed or matured, or not. Her national stock has remained high, and it’s a feather in the state’s cap to have 2 McDonald’s AAs this season (McGill and Olson).

Wonder if you have watched McGill this season and have an opinion on how she has progressed or matured, or not. Her national stock has remained high, and it’s a feather in the state’s cap to have 2 McDonald’s AAs this season (McGill and Olson).

I have, and I have to admit I am impressed. She's improved and matured a lot and really has very little help out there with the current Hopkins roster. She's fun to watch and my only fear now is that she gets hurt because she is having to play so much and do so much out there.

Tonight's Tonka-Hopkins game should be a good one to watch, but I think Tonka is going to take the W. Unfortunately for Liv, I think Aaliyah Crump has also improved a lot and has a much stronger team to support her so she doesn't have to do everything the way Liv does right now.

I have, and I have to admit I am impressed. She's improved and matured a lot and really has very little help out there with the current Hopkins roster. She's fun to watch and my only fear now is that she gets hurt because she is having to play so much and do so much out there.

Tonight's Tonka-Hopkins game should be a good one to watch, but I think Tonka is going to take the W. Unfortunately for Liv, I think Aaliyah Crump has also improved a lot and has a much stronger team to support her so she doesn't have to do everything the way Liv does right now.
Thanks for response. Much respect for your open mind.

Thanks for response. Much respect for your open mind.

I have been watching these girls play for a long time and really love seeing them all succeed. It does seem to me almost like a switch went off in Liv's head this season. Maybe it was losing the state championship by such a narrow margin last year that did it for her. Who knows, all I know is that I love watching her play and really be a leader this year.

I would have never picked Hopkins to win last night but Tatum Woodson was on fire with her shooting and Liv was great at finding open players for some easy points. It's going to be an interesting post-season and run for the Lake Conference trophy!

Any word on potential more recruits than the 2 signed, 1 early enrolled?

Any word on potential more recruits than the 2 signed, 1 early enrolled?
I would not expect any additional players out of high school for this class They will recruit players in the transfer portal when allowed.

Top Bottom