2024 NCAA Football EA sports

Gold Rush

Reaction score
A lot has changed since their last edition, but in the Summer of 2024 comes the long awaited edition for college football fans.

I don't know how much will be changed to the Dynasty feature, but today's football has NIL deals and the transfer portal and I am wondering if you are going to possibly lose 10-20 players (or more) every year and have to recruit other portal athletes. I kind of liked the old way of Dynasty recruiting, but to make it realistic you will probably have to deal with those issues.

I think the 12 team national championship playoff might be interesting, along with the updated conferences and bowls and I am sure the graphics should be amazing, too. All in all I am looking forward to it and will probably pick up a copy when it comes out.

But one other thing might be interesting and that is the actual names, numbers and likenesses of the players. If you play dynasty though, after a year or two most change anyways but it should be a nice little bonus, too. Is anyone else looking forward to playing the new game???

A lot has changed since their last edition, but in the Summer of 2024 comes the long awaited edition for college football fans.

I don't know how much will be changed to the Dynasty feature, but today's football has NIL deals and the transfer portal and I am wondering if you are going to possibly lose 10-20 players (or more) every year and have to recruit other portal athletes. I kind of liked the old way of Dynasty recruiting, but to make it realistic you will probably have to deal with those issues.

I think the 12 team national championship playoff might be interesting, along with the updated conferences and bowls and I am sure the graphics should be amazing, too. All in all I am looking forward to it and will probably pick up a copy when it comes out.

But one other thing might be interesting and that is the actual names, numbers and likenesses of the players. If you play dynasty though, after a year or two most change anyways but it should be a nice little bonus, too. Is anyone else looking forward to playing the new game???
I don't know if they're going to actually have them all in it in that fashion. Seemed like they were still trying to navigate that and compensation (negotiating deals with every player is going to be a challenge, versus just offering a stipend to each team/University and not naming/using likeness may be easier).

I would imagine they stay away from NIL specifically in the game but will add it as a thing your school can be good at/appeal to players (like a resources star rating, similar to how you graded for location, playing time, etc) and then you use that when allocating recruiting time. The transfer portal thing would also be another extremely challenging thing to integrate and hard to program the AI to account for this.

I don't know if they're going to actually have them all in it in that fashion. Seemed like they were still trying to navigate that and compensation (negotiating deals with every player is going to be a challenge, versus just offering a stipend to each team/University and not naming/using likeness may be easier).

I would imagine they stay away from NIL specifically in the game but will add it as a thing your school can be good at/appeal to players (like a resources star rating, similar to how you graded for location, playing time, etc) and then you use that when allocating recruiting time. The transfer portal thing would also be another extremely challenging thing to integrate and hard to program the AI to account for this.
I do not know if having you raise NIL money to pay for players would be in any way fun at all for the game. I expect they will have to do something with an expanded recruiting function for transfer portal players though and I bet you will lose a bunch of players who aren't starters every year. I wouldn't care if they used different players - like I said in the dynasty mode everything changes after a couple years anyways so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Should be fun, though!

Game is fun! Reno Hightower is the Golden Gophers all time leading passer in my game!
Ah yes, Reno was one of the all time movie greats! One time I went back to 1981 and renamed all the Gophers to those players -- then each year the recruits would be the next year's team's recruits.

Reno was a 5* recruit out of Ball Club, Minnesota! Drafted by the Vikings in the first round as well!

I hope in the new game they actually let you pick your OC & DC as the head coach.

The game was speculated to be released in summer of 2023, but now I see it is pushed back a year.

I had to play Syracuse in Met Life Stadium the other day because there's no Yankee Stadium in the list of available stadiums on the 2014 version.

Last edited:

Stinks that they aren't going to have it ready for this year. First video game that I've really been looking forward to in quite a while.

And I agree that the NIL deals will probably just be a recruiting pitch. But you never know. Nearly ten years between games....recruiting (in the game) might be quite different than how it was in 2014. I thought 2014 had it set up pretty well though. We'll see. I think that it's possible that they'd incorporate sponsors in some sort of fashion. Maybe you get to dole out NIL $$$s to the team as you see fit.

I would love to see recruiting and roster management change significantly from the last game. With the points system, once you were one of the better teams you couldn't afford to lose too many recruiting battles or you'd end up with a really thin draft class or needing to pick up 2 stars late in the season. The limit of 70 players and the minimal transfers/players leaving football made it tough to have too many upperclassmen on the roster or fully use redshirts. Outside of positions like WR and CB you couldn't really afford to have 2 players at the same position in the same class, although progression wasn't variable enough for it to really be worth it anyway. In real life there are a bunch of 3 star recruits or lower who make it to the NFL, in NCAA Football 14 the bottom half of 3 stars and below rarely if ever even become good enough to start on a top 25 team.

It will be interesting to see how the Gophers are ranked in the first new game. From what I can find in 14 they were 2 star prestige and 79 overall to start. Seems like they should be mid 80s overall and 3-4 star prestige in the new game.

I would love to see recruiting and roster management change significantly from the last game. With the points system, once you were one of the better teams you couldn't afford to lose too many recruiting battles or you'd end up with a really thin draft class or needing to pick up 2 stars late in the season. The limit of 70 players and the minimal transfers/players leaving football made it tough to have too many upperclassmen on the roster or fully use redshirts. Outside of positions like WR and CB you couldn't really afford to have 2 players at the same position in the same class, although progression wasn't variable enough for it to really be worth it anyway. In real life there are a bunch of 3 star recruits or lower who make it to the NFL, in NCAA Football 14 the bottom half of 3 stars and below rarely if ever even become good enough to start on a top 25 team.

It will be interesting to see how the Gophers are ranked in the first new game. From what I can find in 14 they were 2 star prestige and 79 overall to start. Seems like they should be mid 80s overall and 3-4 star prestige in the new game.
I agree on the Diamond in the rough side. Needs to be more burning out guys at the top and more ascending players

Minnesota would absolutely be nothing more than 3. No 5s from the west. Wisconsin and Nebraska are 4s. Iowa, MN, IL, Purdue 3s and NW a 2. Unless they’re doing halves and then there’s a bit more adjusting

Saw somewhere that $500 a player would be approximately $10M total.

Coming from a guy who's as much of a proponent of players getting paid as you will find, this is a dumb boycott. EA could make the game with generic players and nobody will give a damn. For 90% of players $500 is more than a fair share.

I believe there is way to load rosters too so even if the game doesn’t originally come loaded with the real names you can get them in there.

I believe there is way to load rosters too so even if the game doesn’t originally come loaded with the real names you can get them in there.
Exactly. There was a way in the old games, long, long ago. So get paid $500 or nothing. I’d take the $500. I’m willing to bet a large portion of players would just be excited to have their likeness in a legit game, right off the shelf.

Exactly. There was a way in the old games, long, long ago. So get paid $500 or nothing. I’d take the $500. I’m willing to bet a large portion of players would just be excited to have their likeness in a legit game, right off the shelf.
The other thing that makes it different than Madden is most people will continue to play with the current players of the NFL. In the college football game, many people use the dynasty feature so you're probably playing with fake player names most of the time anyways. The Patrick Mahomes name in Madden is much more valuable than Caleb Williams or Drake Maye for the college game.

Yep. I have a friend who played CFB in the early 2000's. He said he never thought or cared about whether he should be getting paid to be in the game, they all just thought it was cool to be able to play as themselves on a video game. I suspect most players feel this way.

Especially considering for 90% of players the value of having them in the game is worth a lot less than 500

Top Bottom