2024 Detroit Lakes LB Mason Carrier picks up Gophers offer

We just just mixing up old famous gopher names now?!?!

Does that work?

Wow super impressive film for a sophomore. He looks physically dominant already. Don’t see linebackers getting offered this early too often.
There are hidden gems in PJ Fleck's backyard. The Gopher staff are doing all they can to dislodge them from their hiding spots.

Wow super impressive film for a sophomore. He looks physically dominant already. Don’t see linebackers getting offered this early too often.
His tape is awesome. When you watch players from smaller towns, they need to be the fastest and baddest guys on the field and he sure fit that bill as a Sophomore. I know it's a highlight film, but every guy he blocked looked like the literally blew up.

His tape is awesome. When you watch players from smaller towns, they need to be the fastest and baddest guys on the field and he sure fit that bill as a Sophomore. I know it's a highlight film, but every guy he blocked looked like the literally blew up.
I assume he’ll be among the highest graded instate guys for 2024. Would be quite a get to have him on board early.

I assume he’ll be among the highest graded instate guys for 2024. Would be quite a get to have him on board early.
Wyatt Gilmore DE from Rogers is currently number 1, then Daniel Freitag who is a hell of basketball player, and then Carrier.

Wyatt Gilmore DE from Rogers is currently number 1, then Daniel Freitag who is a hell of basketball player, and then Carrier.
Anybody else shocked that Freitag seems so interested in football....camped multiple times with the Gophers, but his future is in basketball, right? He's a blue chip recruit in hoops.....have we ever had a player who actually played both? (And by "played" I mean contributed, not ride the bench.

Anybody else shocked that Freitag seems so interested in football....camped multiple times with the Gophers, but his future is in basketball, right? He's a blue chip recruit in hoops.....have we ever had a player who actually played both? (And by "played" I mean contributed, not ride the bench.
Bud Grant I think contributed to both. But that’s a little ways back.

It’s so hard now because basketball starts in September (I believe) and obviously football is in full swing. It’s been a while since a notable player did both at a P5 school. The Julius Peppers types seem few and far between now.

It’s so hard now because basketball starts in September (I believe) and obviously football is in full swing. It’s been a while since a notable player did both at a P5 school. The Julius Peppers types seem few and far between now.
If he plays both, he will have to take up a football scholarship which would mean that football would have to be his #1 priority. So it almost works better for players who are better at football but can play basketball (Julius Peppers).

I think Frietag's furture is in basketball but he is probably a similarly ranked football recruit. He is ranked 87 in football and isn't ranked but isn't in the top 90 in basketball (90th ranked player is 88), so at most we're talking about the difference between someone ranked 88 and 87. I think the assumption is that he'll play basketball and the offers will likely be much better for bball.

The Fleckster is dominating Minnesota this year - very nice. We just need to get Howard to make it a clean sweep.

It's started (basketball). Gophers in summer workouts now.

Tony Dungy.

Top Bottom