2024-25 Wild Season

TRF Guy

Reaction score
The puck has dropped and the Wild take a 1-0 lead after one with a goal by Boldy. Gus was sharp between the pipes.
IMG_9248.jpeg

Sure wish I could check in on this game during breaks from the lynx game. Thank you Bally!

Ugly win but Gus was a wall between the pipes

Ugly win but Gus was a wall between the pipes
Shot attempts far too lopsided. But yes, our key players looked good. Can’t say I understand the goalie situation though. Love Fleury, but he’s a short-timer and blocking the long term plan.

Shot attempts far too lopsided. But yes, our key players looked good. Can’t say I understand the goalie situation though. Love Fleury, but he’s a short-timer and blocking the long term plan.
I hear ya on Fleury. If Gus gets back to where he was when he got that new contract I don’t see Fleury playing more than 25/30 games. It’s his last year and I for one am glad he’s with the Wild for his last hurrah. One of the most genuine guys in all of sport

I don't know that I would be all that worried about the disparity in shots; some coaches just coach the game that way. Cassidy with VGK, he wants to push everything the outside on defense, let teams fire away from distance; lots of shots, lots of shots on goal, but not a lot of quality ones. I think ol' Pete DeBoer teams have the same issue; often outshot, but not always a lot of high danger shots. I wouldn't be worried about it. (Had to check; sure enough, PDB's Dallas Stars last night got outshot 36-20 and won the game 4-3 against a good Preds team)

It probably takes care of itself with injuries or whatever but when do the Wild get to see if Wallstedt can be the real deal, the future of the franchise? I'm sure he'll get his chance soon enough.

He keeps playing like he has the Wild will have a chance at making playoffs. Incredible start so far
Did JEE get injured last night? They mentioned that he and Hartman took terrible hits to the face.

Did JEE get injured last night? They mentioned that he and Hartman took terrible hits to the face.
Took an elbow to the nose a few games ago and broke it. I’m sure once the swelling goes down he may wear a mask and play with it. Just my guess

He keeps playing like he has the Wild will have a chance at making playoffs. Incredible start so far
Not that it was really ever in question but this start has cemented the idea that Gus needs to start 55-60 games minimum this year. I don't think this roster is strong enough to cover for MAF and his weaknesses. We've already lost one point due to him this year.

Not that it was really ever in question but this start has cemented the idea that Gus needs to start 55-60 games minimum this year. I don't think this roster is strong enough to cover for MAF and his weaknesses. We've already lost one point due to him this year.
Yep. I’ve stated elsewhere that Fleury should see no more than 20/25 games

Top Bottom