2024-25 Big Ten Free Agent Signings

To the best of my knowledge, the number of free agent signings for Big Ten programs as of 4/20/24:

Illinois (4)
Maryland (4)
USC (4)
Nebraska (3)
Ohio State (3)
Penn State (3)
Rutgers (3)
UCLA (3)
Indiana (2)
Michigan (1)
Gophers (1)
Washington (1)
Iowa (0)
Michigan State (0)
Northwestern (0)
Oregon (0)
Purdue (0)
Wisconsin (0)

Indiana State rock star Robbie Avila expected to announce his transfer destination later this afternoon. Wisconsin reportedly is in the mix.

Iowa picked up a commitment (about the same time we did): Drew Thelwell, a point guard from Morehead State. He was first in the OVC in assists per game (6.2 per game). He'll be a one year player.

Taking bad shots and turning the ball over too much? I'm not sure where you're getting that from. He shot 61% from the field, which was 2nd on the team behind only Parker Fox, and 41% from 3, which was the best on the team. Of the main rotation players, only Fox had fewer TO's per game.

He struggled on D because he's an undersized 4, but when he played 20 minutes per game he always put up double figures in points. He definitely should have had a bigger role as instant offense off the bench than what he did.
I love JOJ. But he really needed to grow and wasn’t. @Tucker32 appears correct. You get benched for not doing in practice. It showed in games.

He shot great 3s against weak competition - over 50%. Then he started being gaurded - Shot 15%.

JOJ didn’t grow. He did it in spurts, but never took a step up. He needed to learn to Cut, pass, and do other things. Just floating in the corner for a 3 isn’t gonna cut it for the rest of the offense. It’s instant empty offense.

He struggled on D because he didn’t get it. Undersized my ass, he was out of position.

He tried to just always be athletic Josh. It stopped working.

You mean May.

But what does May have to do with it?

You act like everything decision is NIL related. It's getting old. Michigan lost one of the best players in a country a year ago because of NIL. Maybe playing for a FF coach, and being great at developing guards has something to do with it?

I love JOJ. But he really needed to grow and wasn’t. @Tucker32 appears correct. You get benched for not doing in practice. It showed in games.

He shot great 3s against weak competition - over 50%. Then he started being gaurded - Shot 15%.

JOJ didn’t grow. He did it in spurts, but never took a step up. He needed to learn to Cut, pass, and do other things. Just floating in the corner for a 3 isn’t gonna cut it for the rest of the offense. It’s instant empty offense.

He struggled on D because he didn’t get it. Undersized my ass, he was out of position.

He tried to just always be athletic Josh. It stopped working.

In the 8 B1G games where he was playing 19+ minutes he shot 4/13 - 31% from 3. In those same games he was 36/59 - 61% from 2. I don't know how that equates to just floating around the 3 point line? He did that by cutting and driving to the paint. It's like you're confusing Ihnen for JOJ.

Something obviously happened behind the scenes to get his minutes cut. But until his minutes were cut seemingly out of nowhere, JOJ was extremely productive offensively on the court, especially in the paint.

With the right coaching JOJ can be a highly productive offensive player off the bench for a P6 program.

In the 8 B1G games where he was playing 19+ minutes he shot 4/13 - 31% from 3. In those same games he was 36/59 - 61% from 2. I don't know how that equates to just floating around the 3 point line? He did that by cutting and driving to the paint. It's like you're confusing Ihnen for JOJ.

Something obviously happened behind the scenes to get his minutes cut. But until his minutes were cut seemingly out of nowhere, JOJ was extremely productive offensively on the court, especially in the paint.

With the right coaching JOJ can be a highly productive offensive player off the bench for a P6 program.
He got some alley oop plays designed for him. However, largely his 2's were off of drives to the basket. When he got the ball, it often ended right there, we was either going to shoot a three or drive. 14 assists all year. With his ability, how does he only have 2.2 rebounds per game? That speaks to a lack of hustle and/or understanding of the game.

He got some alley oop plays designed for him. However, largely his 2's were off of drives to the basket. When he got the ball, it often ended right there, we was either going to shoot a three or drive. 14 assists all year. With his ability, how does he only have 2.2 rebounds per game? That speaks to a lack of hustle and/or understanding of the game.

And yet he was still their most efficient offensive player. He definitely needs to work on passing and rebounding, but those are things that can improve with age/better coaching.

Parker Fox only averaged 2.9 rebounds per game. Are you also questioning his lack of hustle/understanding of the game?

And yet he was still their most efficient offensive player. He definitely needs to work on passing and rebounding, but those are things that can improve with age/better coaching.

Parker Fox only averaged 2.9 rebounds per game. Are you also questioning his lack of hustle/understanding of the game?
Stats and lies. I don’t know the specifics, but I’m guessing that if you measured Fox’s numbers after his health improved and playing time increased, it might reflect a different and more accurate picture of what is than your all season data.

I was curious about the Fox rebounding numbers toward the end of the season, so I went through the game-by-game box scores for the final 13 games of the year, including the tournament games. those numbers showed 44 rebounds in 243 minutes (might be off by 2 minutes.

3.38 rebounds per game over the final 13... 18.7 minutes per game over final 13. Best games among those were 9 rebounds in 19 minutes vs Nebraska and 6 in 28 minutes vs Penn State.

Parker Fox is a play without the ball in his hands guy. JOJ was a play with the ball in his hands guy.
If JOJ had Parker Fox mentality of hustle and understanding the game - he'd be an all conference player. He doesn't. That comes more from the player than the coach. The coach's job is to recruit kids with ability that have the Fox mentality.

Every post you make is intended to make sure that everything is Ben's fault. That's not a balanced view. I have not been much of a Ben defender and I can see that.

Except, Arkansas is chump change, ash tray money to Jerry. The Cowboys...QB's want $60 plus million a year. Top defenders over $30 million per year. Starts adding up.

Jerry probably figures he can do it easier at Arky. He’s 81, he’s on the clock

Last edited:

Top Bottom