2023 USA U21 FIVB World Championships August 17-26

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Congratulations to our 2025 recruit, Kelly Kinney, who has made the roster.

U.S. Women’s U21 Roster for the 2023 FIVB World Championship August 17-26 (Mexico)

No. Name (Position, Height, Birth Year, Hometown, School, USAV Region)
2 Jaela Auguste (MB, 6-2, 2006, Spring, Texas, Grand Oaks HS, Lone Star)
4 Ayden Ames (MB, 6-4, 2006, Prosper, Texas, Prosper HS, North Texas)
5 Favor Anyanwu (MB, 6-2, 2006, Rowlett, Texas, Sachse HS, North Texas)
6 Campbell Flynn (S, 6-3, 2006, Rochester Hills, Mich., Mercy HS, Lakeshore)
8 Kaci Demaria (OH, 6-4, 2007, San Pedro, Calif., Palos Verdes HS, Southern California)
9 Ava Falduto (L, 5-7, 2006, Elmhurst, Ill., IC Catholic Prep, Great Lakes)
11 Kelly Kinney (OH, 6-2, 2007, West Palm Beach, Fla., The King’s Academy, Florida)
13 Emerson Sellman (OH, 6-4, 2005, Burtonsville, Md., The Academy of the Holy Cross, Chesapeake)
14 Skyler Pierce (OH, 6-2, 2005, Lenexa, Kan., Olathe Northwest HS, Heart of America)
15 Abigail Mullen (OPP, 6-3, 2006, Kansas City, Mo., Liberty HS, Heart of America)
18 Izzy Starck (S, 6-1, 2006, Melbourne, Fla., Viera HS, Rocky Mountain)
19 Abby Vander Wal (OH, 6-3, 2006, Elmhurst, Ill., Timothy Christian HS, Great Lakes)

Word is that all the MB's on the current roster have declined for personal reasons to play in the upcoming U21 World Championships.

For some exciting news.....I just read the MB, Taylor Harvey, the Gophers are apparently pursuing is joining this roster.

On YouTube the match to air at 4 PM PT. At this point, I am not sure, if they are on schedule or not with these matches. I will certainly post it, if I find out anything different.

Warmups LIVE right now. I don't believe that either Kinney #11 (future Gopher) nor Harvery #17 (possibly a future Gopher) will be starting today.

USA defeats Cuba 3-1 (25-23, -14, -21). They were behind for most of the entire first and third sets, but came back to win both of them.

Just another GREAT performance by this USA Team. Most of our players were born between 2005-2007 and most of the other teams rosters in this Championship consist of players born in 2003-2004.

Alec Rothe was one of the starting MB's, but due to an injury was replaced the rest of the match by Taylor Harvey. It is my understanding that Harvey has not committed.....however, Stanford is supposedly where she is leaning. I for one would definitely like to see her in a Gopher jersey.

Last edited:

USA vs Turkey Live now 6:10 pm. It appears Kinney did not get the start. I am sure hoping she will see SOME playing time while at this Championship.

USA lose 3-1 (25-17, 22-25, 25-23, 25-14). Kinney did enter the match a couple of times, but her time was very short lived...one was at the very end of the match in set 4.

Last edited:

USA vs Netherlands Live Now 5:55 pm. USA lost the first set but came back and won the next three for a 3-1 victory over the Netherlands (21-25, 25-20, 25-15, 25-17).

Again, Kinney was subbed in a couple of times. She served an ace and the team had a block for the last two points in our 3rd set win.

Last edited:

USA vs. Italy starts at 6 PM today, Monday. Here are the results of this match and their remaining schedule.

For me, this group of USA players has been a pleasure watching and have been playing some very good team volleyball. Again, Kinney was used very late in the match as a serving sub. However, whatever experience she has gained will only help her during her college volleyball career.

Last edited:

The USA Team is playing Brazil right now, 9 pm CT. They are up 5-2 in the first set. They must beat Brazil to reach and play in the SemiFinals.

USA loses 3-0 (19-25, 18-25, 22-25). IMO complete joy watching this group of USA players. Kinney came in late in the third set with some great serving and digs for Team USA in their attempt to come back for the win.

Last edited:

USA vs Turkey LIVE TONIGHT (9pm CT) on VolleyballWorld TV on YouTube. They are leading 8-6 in the first set. Now tIed at 14 and Kinney subbed in briefly. USA wins first set 25-23.

Turkey wins set two 25-16. Kinney subbed in again for a rotation. USA wins sets 3&4 (25-20, 25-21).

Last edited:

USA plays Mexico tonight at 10EST/7PDT in the day’s highlight match. If we win, we will play Turkiye for 5th place tomorrow.

Indeed it will be Turkiye. Here's hoping the third time will be the charm.

Last edited:

This young USA team stepped up for this Championship and finished in sixth place. Oustanding performance by such a young group of athletes. They made America proud.

Top Bottom