2023 Recruiting

Ajok Madol is a mystery to me. The numbers she is putting up are impressive. However, she plays high school ball at an unknown small school playing against what I assume would be single A sports.

She made the Canada U18 team and at the same time what is the context for that.

Is Madol going to shock people with how good she is or will be find out that those good numbers don't translate to the Big Ten.

Here is the link to the U19 Canada team. We can all see who they are and what colleges they play for. I'm not feeling motivated enough to go look at all their college stats to see if they are actually playing well in NCAA competition:

https://www.basketball.ca/team-canada-en/team-canada-u19-womens-national-team

And then here is the U18 team from 2022. I assume Madol would end up on this team:

And here is the U17 team from last time that had Madol on the team. She barely played which to me is a caution signal.

On that U17 team was dunking phenom Toby Fournier.

So it does look like Canada is producing some good players.

I'm not motivated to study this further. If anyone wants to do that, I gave some links.

For me I'm a bit suspect about the level of competition and yet if Madol is towards to top of the lists then I think that would be super positive. Is she able to put up good numbers against the best of Canada versus scoring 34 against small high school competition and then being at the bottom of national competition.

Previously video snippets showed her at that Biosteel competition (I may have that name wrong) and she appeared to be about the third best there. That would be a strong positive sign if she appears to be one of the best 1/2 dozen players at U18 competition. I wouldn't be real impressed with players just barely making that Canada team.

Anyway... if anyone else can make sense of it.

Is she going to light it up in the Big Ten? Maybe.

Ajok Madol is a mystery to me. The numbers she is putting up are impressive. However, she plays high school ball at an unknown small school playing against what I assume would be single A sports.

She made the Canada U18 team and at the same time what is the context for that.

Is Madol going to shock people with how good she is or will be find out that those good numbers don't translate to the Big Ten.

Here is the link to the U19 Canada team. We can all see who they are and what colleges they play for. I'm not feeling motivated enough to go look at all their college stats to see if they are actually playing well in NCAA competition:

https://www.basketball.ca/team-canada-en/team-canada-u19-womens-national-team

And then here is the U18 team from 2022. I assume Madol would end up on this team:

And here is the U17 team from last time that had Madol on the team. She barely played which to me is a caution signal.

On that U17 team was dunking phenom Toby Fournier.

So it does look like Canada is producing some good players.

I'm not motivated to study this further. If anyone wants to do that, I gave some links.

For me I'm a bit suspect about the level of competition and yet if Madol is towards to top of the lists then I think that would be super positive. Is she able to put up good numbers against the best of Canada versus scoring 34 against small high school competition and then being at the bottom of national competition.

Previously video snippets showed her at that Biosteel competition (I may have that name wrong) and she appeared to be about the third best there. That would be a strong positive sign if she appears to be one of the best 1/2 dozen players at U18 competition. I wouldn't be real impressed with players just barely making that Canada team.

Anyway... if anyone else can make sense of it.

Is she going to light it up in the Big Ten? Maybe.

FYI tidbit: Bridget Carleton of the Lynx played for Canada. She played for Iowa State and was drafted in the 2nd round of the WNBA draft.

-----------

And then I assume this is what would be coming up for Ajok Madol and her Canada team assuming she is on the team:

FYI tidbit: Bridget Carleton of the Lynx played for Canada. She played for Iowa State and was drafted in the 2nd round of the WNBA draft.

-----------

And then I assume this is what would be coming up for Ajok Madol and her Canada team assuming she is on the team:

Team Canada page:

1682871533703.png

Canada is a power in hockey, not basketball.

Looking at the history, I think Canada has but one time won a 3rd place game. That was in 2017 against Japan. Otherwise no top finishes. Canada also has a low population about the same as California.

Basketball in Canada is less popular than Rugby, Tennis and Cricket.

1682871977887.png

The Canadian women lost the third place FIBA game to Australia last October, in Sydney. Bridget Carleton, Natalie Achonwa, Kia Nurse, Kayla Alexander, and a few other WNBA players were on the Canadian team.

In this picture Madol brings the ball up court. She's a player to keep an eye on. She's flashing impressive signals but the context is unknown. Wing? Tall combo guard? Maybe even point?

1682904281423.png

She's a shooter. A dribbler too?

Really interesting... flashes latecomer, late-bloomer phenom -- and yet what is the context.

A mystery.

In this picture Madol brings the ball up court. She's a player to keep an eye on. She's flashing impressive signals but the context is unknown. Wing? Tall combo guard? Maybe even point?

View attachment 25305

She's a shooter. A dribbler too?

Really interesting... flashes latecomer, late-bloomer phenom -- and yet what is the context.

A mystery.
21 steals 😮 never heard of double digits in a single game. Can’t imagine 21!!!

Janel McCarville posted a triple-double scoring 23 points, pulling down 11 rebounds and snaring 10 steals but No. 18 Minnesota was eliminated by No. 22 Ohio State, 58-50, in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament in Indianapolis on Friday.

I think we can conclude she has to be active on the court...doesn't do a lot of "watching"....or the competition is very suspect but no matter how it happened 21 steals is a LOT!

Top Bottom