Eden Valley 60-0 over Moose Lake
Edina 42-14 over Stillwater end of 3rd

Close
Byron 31-28 over Hill Murray
Nevis 12-8 over Mtn. Iron Buhl
Kingsland 26-14 over Hills Beaver Creek
Centennial game was closer than that for most of the game. Good HS football

Centennial’s first final four since 1984
As an alum it’s neat to see this. My brother still lives up there. Lots of new houses in Centerville, and Lino off of Lexington to fuel the growth. Class size is almost triple off when I was there in the 80s. That Fleet Farm and Walmart was where all the kids used to go run around in the woods. Quite the change over the years.

As an alum it’s neat to see this. My brother still lives up there. Lots of new houses in Centerville, and Lino off of Lexington to fuel the growth. Class size is almost triple off when I was there in the 80s. That Fleet Farm and Walmart was where all the kids used to go run around in the woods. Quite the change over the years.
Spot on. They lost to a really good Hutch team. Andy Rosberg was the QB1 and is now the head coach. Burnsville played Stillwater was the championship game of AA. I was on the sidelines and remember it well.

Centennial game was closer than that for most of the game. Good HS football
Rosemount ran 8 plays in the second half and had 3 turnovers in those 8 plays. Physical game like the one a couple weeks ago.

Lakeville South comes back from down two scores in the second half and blocks a 41 yarder at the horn to win 35-34.

EP's roadgraders completely controlled Lakeville North in a 21-3 matchup that wasn't as close as the score indicates. They only passed 2-4 for less than 15 yards; the rest was ground and pound. Time of possession in second half was incredible; LN never had the ball.

6A Semis are set: Centennial vs Lakeville South and EP vs Edina. Thoughts?

MN HS FB State Quater-Final results from Friday, Nov 10

1A:
Springfield 22, Fillmore Central 12
Mahnomen-Waubun 18, Parkers Prairie 0
Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa 28, Mayer Lutheran 6
Minneota 55, Braham 0

3A: Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton 33, Albany 6

6A:
Lakeville South 35, East Ridge 34
Eden Prairie 21, Lakeville North 3

-------- ---------
Schedule for Saturday, Nov 11

3A:
Waseca vs Stewartville @ Hastings HS (7pm)
Minneapolis North vs Dassel-Cokato @ Orono HS (7pm)
Esko vs Annandale @ Brainerd HS (1pm)

5A:
St. Thomas Academy vs Owatonna @ Woodbury HS (Noon)
Alexandria vs Rogers @ Maple Grove HS (1pm)
Mahtomedi vs Chanhassen @ Apple Valley HS (1pm)
Andover vs Robbinsdale Armstrong @ Osseo HS (Noon)

The argument about resources is a sham. If the argument were simply about resources we would also be arguing about public schools with cathedral like facilities versus one’s that don’t as well. But that doesn’t bother some people just as long as it isn’t about religious people or people who reject public schools.

There are public schools that are palaces and there are private schools with pretty subpar facilities. Rich kids that go public schools and poor kids that go to private schools and vice versa.

Better map here from the state:

3ARsuQ5.png

Look at how silly and childish the boundaries, and little carveouts are. God people are pedantic. I can only imagine individual families and farms banding together in the 70's or whenever the district was established to say "my kids ain't gonna go to that damn school!!!"

The argument about resources is a sham. If the argument were simply about resources we would also be arguing about public schools with cathedral like facilities versus one’s that don’t as well. But that doesn’t bother some people just as long as it isn’t about religious people or people who reject public schools.

There are public schools that are palaces and there are private schools with pretty subpar facilities. Rich kids that go public schools and poor kids that go to private schools and vice versa.
We literally prorate communities with more poverty

Right. The mechanism is already in place, and they already have access to family income data.

Agree 100% that privates need multipliers greater than 1

6A Semis are set: Centennial vs Lakeville South and EP vs Edina. Thoughts?
I think this matchup or Centennial vs Edina and LS vs EP would have been best. Glad it isn’t EP vs Centennial and South vs Edina. They should both be pretty good games. Edina has been playing very well.

I think this matchup or Centennial vs Edina and LS vs EP would have been best. Glad it isn’t EP vs Centennial and South vs Edina. They should both be pretty good games. Edina has been playing very well.
I personally think Edina is the second best team right now.

I am a bit surprised that Mahtomedi played Chanhassen that close today, after Mahtomedi's regular season.

St. Thomas is vulnerable defensively so I don't think they can win it all but they will move the ball and score against anyone. I have yet to figure out how Savion Hart doesn't get more attention; he now has 35 TDs this year, and St. Thomas's schedule was more difficult this year than it had been in recent years.

OK - last round of MSHSL HS FB Quarter-Finals

3A:
Stewartville 22, Waseca 0
Dassel-Cokato 14, Minneapolis North 7
Annandale 14, Esko 7

5A:
St. Thomas Academy 46, Owatonna 28
Alexandria 38, Rogers 14
Chanhassen 28, Mahtomedi 22
Andover 37, Robbinsdale Armstrong 20

MSHSL State FB Semi-Final Schedule

Thurs, Nov 16
9-pl:
Kingsland vs Fertile-Beltrami - 10:30am
Ottertail Central vs Nevis - 1pm

4A: Byron vs Rocori - 4pm

6A: Centennial vs Lakeville South - 7pm

Fri, Nov 17
2A:
Jackson County Central vs Barnesville - 9am
Cannon Falls vs Eden Valley-Watkins - 11:30am

4A: Hutchinson vs North Branch - 4:30pm

5A: St. Thomas Academy vs Alexandria - 2pm

6A: Eden Prairie vs Edina - 7:30pm

Sat, Nov 18
1A:
Springfield vs Mahnomen-Waubun - 9am
Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa vs Minneota - 11:30am

3A:
Stewartville vs Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton - 2pm
Dassel-Cokato vs Annandale - 4:30pm

5A: Chanhassen vs Andover - 7pm

Nice to see out-state get a bone in 5A before the champ inevitably comes from the metro area.

Alex population went from 6319 in 1950 to 8820 in 2000. But then the last two census has grown to 14335.

I wonder why that is a place you'd want to live year round.

Alex population went from 6319 in 1950 to 8820 in 2000. But then the last two census has grown to 14335.

I wonder why that is a place you'd want to live year round.
Jobs and money?
What you just said about Alexandria you could say about the entire Midwest

Nice to see out-state get a bone in 5A before the champ inevitably comes from the metro area.
Outstate teams have won 5 of the 10 titles in the current 7-class version of 5A. That's when counting STMA and Elk River as metro.

There are roughly twice as many metro 5A teams as outstate.

Outstate teams have won 5 of the 10 titles in the current 7-class version of 5A. That's when counting STMA and Elk River as metro.

There are roughly twice as many metro 5A teams as outstate.
Yeah. I feel like 6a was created so the Rochester schools, makatto schools, Brainerd, Alex could compete for state titles

It has successfully done it half the time

We literally prorate communities with more poverty
Great. So only rich people send their kids to private school? And those private schools spread it around on lavish sports facilities more than public schools. Okay.

think your schtick would play a little better on the Star Tribune site or maybe Salon or something. And Mpls can take his likes with for ya too. Hahaha.

Back to high school football discussion

Great. So only rich people send their kids to private school? And those private schools spread it around on lavish sports facilities more than public schools. Okay.

think your schtick would play a little better on the Star Tribune site or maybe Salon or something. And Mpls can take his likes with for ya too. Hahaha.

Back to high school football discussion
This is high school discussion.
No, not only rich send their kids to private schools.
That’s why I would pro rate based on tuition paid.

Top Bottom