2023 Football Seat / Parking Upgrades Begin May 23

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Got the email telling me seat / parking upgrade windows start May 23 depending on gopher / indulgences score.

I'm happy with my seats on the home side 🧐 🎩 🍷🧀

I am hoping to move to a parking lot that is more "parking" focused. Lot 37 is nice and all, fun crowd. And they have improved managing the parking there GREATLY over the years .... still sometimes I can't arrive 2 hours early and then you get the folks who decide to tailgate right by the entrance (guys .... wtf do you think is going to happen if you leave all that space around you???) and they seem annoyed when other people want to park ... I'd rather not deal with that anymore. Hopefully there are options.

Got the email telling me seat / parking upgrade windows start May 23 depending on gopher / indulgences score.

I am hoping to move to a parking lot that is more "parking" focused. Lot 37 is nice and all, fun crowd. And they have improved managing the parking there GREATLY over the years .... still sometimes I can't arrive 2 hours early and then you get the folks who decide to tailgate right by the entrance (guys .... wtf do you think is going to happen if you leave all that space around you???) and they seem annoyed when other people want to park ... I'd rather not deal with that anymore. Hopefully there are options.
Assuming that you still want tailgating as an option and don't want to donate enough to get into the Maroon and Gold Lots, I'd suggest checking out the Victory Lot. A good portion of the lot is reserved for RVs and it seems to have a higher percentage of people who don't tailgate. Failing that, St. Paul would be a good option, although you'd have to deal with the bus. Good luck!

Assuming that you still want tailgating as an option and don't want to donate enough to get into the Maroon and Gold Lots, I'd suggest checking out the Victory Lot. A good portion of the lot is reserved for RVs and it seems to have a higher percentage of people who don't tailgate. Failing that, St. Paul would be a good option, although you'd have to deal with the bus. Good luck!
I wouldn’t mind going full no tailgating if that’s what it takes.

But I will keep Victory in mind for sure.

St Paul might be too far for me but…. considering traffic that might actually be faster for me ;)

Last edited:

I wouldn’t mind going full no tailgating I’d that’s what it takes.

St Paul might be too far for me but…. considering traffic that might actually be faster for me ;)
Yeah, I'd rather take the bus to and from St. Paul than try to get out of one of the ramps on campus, especially if you head east when you leave anyway.

I'll take your Lot 37 pass. Been trying to get a spot with our group for years and its always full. Have to drop stuff off and then park in 4th st ramp. If you were willing to do a ramp would trade and pay the difference.

Lot 37 is definitely a tailgate spot.

I'll take your Lot 37 pass. Been trying to get a spot with our group for years and its always full. Have to drop stuff off and then park in 4th st ramp. If you were willing to do a ramp would trade and pay the difference.

Lot 37 is definitely a tailgate spot.
4th street ramp is all but on the other side of the planet to me ;)

Technically, it is close to Lot 37…. And yet so far.

I wouldn’t mind going full no tailgating if that’s what it takes.

ymmv, but I've had a parking pass in the victory lot going back to 2015 and I would say that the lot is primarily tailgaters. I think most people occupy 2 parking spaces per car. As mentioned half of the victory lot is RV's but that is a separate purchase vs the parking pass.

Couldn’t handle the chaos of 37 anymore. Donated a little extra and was able to move to Minnesota lot. I have an assigned spot there. Worked well until the last game of the year when someone took my spot.

Very limited tailgating if that is important.

Couldn’t handle the chaos of 37 anymore. Donated a little extra and was able to move to Minnesota lot. I have an assigned spot there. Worked well until the last game of the year when someone took my spot.

Very limited tailgating if that is important.
Yeah I’d be happy with that/ assigned spots.

Any word on if season ticket sales are up this year? The schedule is one of the better ones in recent memory.

As for upgrades, I really like where my seats are currently and would be surprised if there is anything in front of me available (currently in row 9 of then 2nd level on an aisle). I would be pleasantly surprised to move up a few rows.

Top Bottom