2023 expectations!

The Gopher 2023 regular season record will be:

• I’m a troll and I don’t see my choice.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Schedule:

Nebraska - i think it’s good to get these guys right away! Less time for Rhule affect to set in!

Eastern Michigan - typical non-con

@UNC - not a typical non-con! Should be a toss-up.

@ NW - safe win. Not being played in Ireland.

Louisiana - ho hum.

Michigan - homecoming? Be a great chance to honor the 77 team with FULL BANANA THROWBACKS!

@iowa - Gotta win this to have a decent shot at the West!

MSU - hopefully they will still suck.

Illinois - they are losing a lot, but PJ still hasn’t beat BB!

@Purdue - could be second easiest B1G game.

@OSU - ouch! Will they be as beat up at the end of the season as this year? Trap game going into Michigan? I give us a 5% chance of winning.

Wisconsin - this will be a 50-50 game almost no matter what! Need to keep the axe!

Well, go to the poll and pick your likely outcome.

Too early for this as roster changes are more than ever. But barring major changes I think this is a 5-4 or 6-3 team and in the mix in the west.

Nebraska - W
EMU - W
UNC - toss up
Northwestern - W
Louisiana - W
Michigan - L
Iowa - toss up
Michigan state - W
Illinois - W
Purdue - W
Ohio state - L
Wisconsin -Toss up

6 wins as the floor (because someone could upset you), 11 wins as the absolute ceiling (because maybe Ohio state or Michigan overlooks them).
Feel safe guessing between 7-10 games. Zero in on 8-9.

I voted West Champs but I disagree with the 8-4 being an average season. 8-4 could mean a road loss against a ranked UNC team, losses against top 5-10 MI and OSU, and one loss against MSU or another West team. That scenario could also lead to a West title depending on head to head, etc.

I'd be happy with 8 wins again. 7 wins would be dissapointing, but I think that's also within the realm of possibility. 9 wins would be a great season. 6 or below would be a failure. 10+ would be NY6 bowl contention.

I think that covers it.

Success =

1) bowl eligible
2) get Jug back
3) get pig back
4) keep axe

I think the vibe is going to be similar to past years. People will expect 6-7 wins, but then it’ll shift to complaining how we should’ve won 10-11.

My expectations don't change just because we have a more difficult BT schedule. It's time to beat Iowa, it's time to win the BT West. It's up to Fleck to figure out to make those happen.

Go Gophers!!

my view could change depending on personnel.

Gophers have to replace arguably best RB in school history, All-American C, both starting OG's,
and multiple starters on Defense, plus players lost to portal.

cue George Jones singing "Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes?"

so, as of today, looking at a possibly less talented roster and a tougher schedule.
Now, if MN brings in some solid talent in portal, that could change the equation.

Schedule:

Nebraska - i think it’s good to get these guys right away! Less time for Rhule affect to set in!

Eastern Michigan - typical non-con

@UNC - not a typical non-con! Should be a toss-up.

@ NW - safe win. Not being played in Ireland.

Louisiana - ho hum.

Michigan - homecoming? Be a great chance to honor the 77 team with FULL BANANA THROWBACKS!

@iowa - Gotta win this to have a decent shot at the West!

MSU - hopefully they will still suck.

Illinois - they are losing a lot, but PJ still hasn’t beat BB!

@Purdue - could be second easiest B1G game.

@OSU - ouch! Will they be as beat up at the end of the season as this year? Trap game going into Michigan? I give us a 5% chance of winning.

Wisconsin - this will be a 50-50 game almost no matter what! Need to keep the axe!

Well, go to the poll and pick your likely outcome.
Nebby Win
Eastern Michigan Win
@UNC Win
@ NW win
Louisiana Win
Michigan Loss
@ Iowa Loss
Sparty Win
Illini Loss (This is the shit game)
@ Purdue Win
@ Ohio State Loss
Wisconsin Win (3peat)
8-4, 5-4 overall. There's always a game we lose that we should win and I think that's the illini again

Nebraska - W
Eastern Michigan - W
@UNC - W
@ NW - W
Louisiana - W
Michigan - Toss up, leaning L at the moment
@iowa - W
MSU - W
Illinois - W
@Purdue - W
@OSU - Upset W, Michigan is the better team at the moment and this coming year we get some momentum going.
Wisconsin - W

I'm sure I will feel very differently by Spring, and then different again come next fall.

Nebraska - W
Eastern Michigan - W
@UNC - W
@ NW - W
Louisiana - W
Michigan - Toss up, leaning L at the moment
@iowa - W
MSU - W
Illinois - W
@Purdue - W
@OSU - Upset W, Michigan is the better team at the moment and this coming year we get some momentum going.
Wisconsin - W

I'm sure I will feel very differently by Spring, and then different again come next fall.

I like the way you think.

That record might net the Gophs a Music City Bowl next year!

It's crazy how much my outlook for next season has changed in just the past few weeks or so. I said 8-4 but don't think that would be an average season based on the schedule.

It's crazy how much my outlook for next season has changed in just the past few weeks or so. I said 8-4 but don't think that would be an average season based on the schedule.
We had many pro PJ people on here saying 6-6 at best
I said 8-4

I think wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois take a step back next year
Iowa, northwestern about even
Nebraska better

I revise to 9-3 because I feel better about the offense next year after Wisconsin

But really 7-10 wins is the window I think

My prediction? I predict they will get the games in.

Hey, that's been a reach the past few years in some circumstances! lol

I went with 8-4. We have some key players to replace on defense, and in paper we have two sure losses in Michigan and Ohio State. I don’t see us only losing one of the other 10 games. But I’m hoping for better than 8-4.

I love how PJ has raised expectations so much that 8-4 are now average seasons. We’ve had like 9 8-4 or better seasons in 60+ years.

I love how PJ has raised expectations so much that 8-4 are now average seasons. We’ve had like 9 8-4 or better seasons in 60+ years.
3 of which came in the 4 years immediately before he got here. This isnt a dig at PJ. 2019 took us to an even higher level, but 8-4 had already become the new normal.

3 of which came in the 4 years immediately before he got here. This isnt a dig at PJ. 2019 took us to an even higher level, but 8-4 had already become the new normal.
That’s true.
8-4 was harder to do in 2016 to the present than 2002-2015 IMO

I do think people fail to realize how high the bar has been raised since 1997
Even through all the transitions, the Brewster years, the kill rebuild…Minnesota has at least 6 wins in 18 of the last 22 full years
If they had played 3 non conference games in Covid year and gone 3-0 it would be 19/23 (I can’t remember who gophers were supposed to play but Mn has one non conference loss is 6 years of fleck)

Top Bottom