2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

CoMn must be really mad seeing all these big-time corporate entites and families donating money.... Totally opposite of his take of "it's the fans fault" for not having nil money
You are missing the point here. In any business if you don't pay competitive wages you aren't going to attract/retain the best talent and are going to have a hard time competing. There are exceptions like startups where compensation is going to more than make up for the lower salary down the line but not the norm.

Some schools have big donors and its a simple process, a school like Minnesota doesn't have that. To overcome this it has to come from small donations from many donors. Without that you are going to have a hard time competing.

Last edited:

Arkansas just picked up their 5th transfer player. Wonder how much money that cost or is it a product of great coaching/winning environment?

Arkansas just picked up their 5th transfer player. Wonder how much money that cost or is it a product of great coaching/winning environment?
They play in the SEC, so while coaching/winning environment might play a factor it is pretty safe to assume there is plenty of $$$ involved as well.

Didn’t they already visit? I think Wrightsell did.

Mitchell visited and it was quiet for like a week before he committed, or maybe just a couple days. Seemed like a week tho 😅
Wrightsell is this week. Someone posted it was this last weekend. You can’t believe everything you read here.

I.e. they haven't committed somewhere else?

I'm usually the other way around. No news in recruiting is usually bad news.
I don’t know whose recruiting Baristow. But no news from the Wrightsell front when he’s been recruited by Alabama and his home state Nebraska seems like a win so far.

I don’t know whose recruiting Baristow. But no news from the Wrightsell front when he’s been recruited by Alabama and his home state Nebraska seems like a win so far.
Maybe. This is that whole committable offer thing - Bama and Nebraska have other targets that they're waiting on before they'd greenlight Wrightsell, and he figures MN will still be there if those fall through.

So we got Charles Pride coming in on Thursday for a visit.
And Darius Brown coming Friday Saturday
Wrightsell maybe scheduled for this week as well?
Sean Baristow visit maybe happening this week as well?
That is fine to me - just as long as we get at lest two to sign.

So we got Charles Pride coming in on Thursday for a visit.
And Darius Brown coming Friday Saturday
Wrightsell maybe scheduled for this week as well?
Sean Baristow visit maybe happening this week as well?
Any reason why we couldn't take 3?

Top Bottom