2023 College Basketball Transfer Portal Watch Thread

What do you think Ben Johnson did wrong in the recruitment of Dennis Evans, and what do you think Kenny Payne did right?
Nothing, it was all about money. I don't blame CBJ for not landing Evans. However, I don't celebrate him for the time he was committed either.

To answer your question on a general scale, I have no idea what makes most recruiters good and others bad. The only thing you can possible go on is results.

Nothing, it was all about money. I don't blame CBJ for not landing Evans. However, I don't celebrate him for the time he was committed either.

To answer your question on a general scale, I have no idea what makes most recruiters good and others bad. The only thing you can possible go on is results.
Not to quibble but Evans had signed not just committed. That's what makes this all the more frustrating and fishy.

Not to quibble but Evans had signed not just committed. That's what makes this all the more frustrating and fishy.
on the flip side, the wrestling team got two new wrestlers to get released from their LOIs so they could join the gophers this summer

what i found frustrating with Evans was he chose to join a program that was supposed to be better than the gophers but were even worse. Louisville might have been the most disappointing program this past season. with 7 transfers out, louisville this upcoming season has a lot of questions and unknowns

With all the conversation over the past couple of years about Ben not having a full roster, I thought this was an interesting piece of information included in the article.
"At the high-major level, much less seems at stake in recruiting these days. Look no further than the rosters. Among high-majors, more teams than not have not/will not fill out all 13 scholarships. UCLA is at 10. North Carolina is at 11. Kentucky isn't full. Neither are Kansas, Duke, Baylor, Texas, Indiana, Illinois, Georgetown and dozens more in power leagues."
I see the point of it not being a big deal to have all 13. Except in the MN situation where many of the scholly's are with guys who are hurt and haven't played a minute of game time in many seasons. Fine to go with 10-12 guys IF they are all healthy.

Top Bottom